➤𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐕

【𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑】

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE SEA OF FOREST GREEN THAT STRETCHED WIDE across the horizon brought a familiar kind of ache that resonated with the haunting peacefulness that accompanied it. Leaves swayed daintily in the distance, dancing beneath the warm, morning breeze. The sound of birds singing their sweet, natural lullabies bounced off the wisened trunks of the trees that had kept watch over the ground for decades now. Serenity came to mind - an empty kind of peacefulness that often went hand-in-hand with quiet towns that had long since been abandoned. 

The familiarity of the grounds made Himari feel as though she had returned to a home that she had once lost. It was the place where she had found herself - her true self. The dusty, sandstone grounds of the sun-baked training grounds, the smell of warm wood heating up beneath the lingering kiss of the sun in the sky, the faint rushing of water working its way through a nearby stream. Memories painted every inch of the ground her boots trod upon, reminding her of times that had once been.

She merely stared out into the distance, arms hanging at her sides as she hovered expertly above the yellow ground beneath her. The creaking of metal hinges tainted the awed silence. Hundreds of pairs of eyes stared up at Himari, bright with both glittering excitement and amazement that lingered in the irises of innocent, kaleidoscopic irises.

"See here, maggots? This here is a correct display of vertical maneuvering gear use! Any one of you fucking dumbasses who ends up on your head doesn't deserve a place amongst the military as a soldier!"

Shadis lowered Himari to the ground, who landed elegantly, much like a swan taking to the surface of a sound lake. She unbuckled herself with ease, stepping away from the machine once she had finished with it. 

She stood beside Shadis as he began to bark out instructions, grouping the young cadets together and sending them towards one of the many machines that lingered on the edge of the courtyard in a long line. 

Himari found herself swallowing thickly when Rune was sent to join her group, beaming brightly at Himari when he came to stand beside her.

"Isn't this exciting? Did you have to do this when you were a cadet, Himari?"

"Commandant," Himari corrected, though there was no real bite to her tone. She glanced up at the machine, eyes of sullen gold glazing over.

"I'm Reiner," the boy introduced, snapping Himari out of her thoughts.

"That speech you gave yesterday at dinner was something else. You planning on joining the Military Police once this is all over?"

"Maybe if you're lucky enough you'll get the chance to cuss out the Colossal or Armoured Titans."

"If we end up parting ways and you find the Armoured and Colossal before I do, make sure to give them that kick up the ass for me, will you?"