➤𝐋𝐕𝐈

【𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗】

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI WASN'T SURE HOW LONG IT TOOK her and Levi to return to the wall. It felt like both minutes and hours had passed at the same time. Levi's hand remained clamped around Himari's arm and she held onto his wrist with her free one, the pair holding each other up despite the overwhelming temptation to just let go and fall.

Every step they took closer to the wall was a step further away from Erwin. Himari knew it was hurting Levi more than it was hurting her. She'd never had the chance to speak with Erwin properly - to develop a proper relationship with the man the way her sister and Levi had. She could tell, by the sheer grip on her arm, that Levi felt the weight of his death pressing down on his shoulders harder than Himari did. So, instead of dropping to the ground, lowering her head and letting the tears fall that she could feel burning at the backs of her eyes, she stayed standing. Silent. A pillar of support for the man who was no longer her Captain, but a comrade.

Himari laughed, but it was a hollow, empty sound as she raised her eyes towards the sky. The Survey Corps really had become a joke. If everyone on the other side of that wall really was gone... Levi was the only veteran left and the only other person who would ever remember the sacrifices that had been made on the battlefield that day, would be her. 

There was no sign of the Colossal Titan, anymore. The only thing that could be seen from over the top of the walls, was dark, black smoke. The blonde man controlling the Beast Titan and the ugly quadrupedal one, had disappeared over the other side not too long ago, leaving the pair alone out in the open field.

She wondered about Eren. Where he was. What he had been doing. She thought about Jean and Armin. Mikasa. Sasha. Connie. Hange. Moblit. 

Were any of them still alive? Was Himari about to feel the sting of losing her family all over again? She wasn't sure she wanted to know. 

Himari did her best not to look down at the grass as she and Levi crossed over the field. It was no longer springy and crunchy underfoot, but rather slick and heavy with warm blood that tainted the green a sickening shade of scarlet. Himari knew that if she was to look down, she would see a sea of empty, lifeless eyes staring back at her. Bloodied capes that painted the Wings of Freedom with a permanent red. She supposed, in a way, it was more fitting.

Joining the Survey Corps meant signing a death warrant. And Erwin's plan had been mere proof of that. She wanted to hate him for what he had done. She wanted to curse him for leading the charge himself, stepping straight into the open coffin that had been waiting for him. There would never be anyone else who could lead the Survey Corps the way he had. They had lost one of the last few brilliant minds inside the walls that not only the guts, but the ability to rise above humanity as a monster to do what needed to be done in the face of danger.