➤ 𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈

【𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄】

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"EREN? EREN! E...EREN?"

Eren hadn't moved in five minutes. His fingers were pressed to his slightly chapped lips that came as a result of dehydration and exhaustion from the day, his wide eyes staring unseeing into the spot where Himari had previously stood right before she'd kissed him.

She'd kissed him. 

"Eren? Hello?" Armin, who had gone searching for the boy after he'd seen Himari enter the house with an unusually calm expression on her face, found him standing outside the cabin in front of the large tree where Himari had previously been laying. He was frozen, still trying to comprehend what had just happened. 

"Are you alright?" 

"She kissed me." Armin blinked as Eren whispered three words he certainly hadn't expected to come out of his mouth. Eren turned to his blond friend a mixture of emotions swirling in his eyes. They were glowing brighter than Armin had ever seen, something having caused a renowned sense of life to come to the boy's eyes that had been present since he'd been taken by Reiner and Bertholdt. His face, however, looked troubled.

"I think Himari just admitted she's in love with me." Armin wasn't quite sure how to reply to that.

"That's a good thing, isn't it?" Armin thought it should have been. He knew that Eren had had his eye on the girl ever since he'd asked for her help with the ODM gear the day that Shadis had tested him. He hadn't said anything, but Armin hadn't been blind to the way he had focused all of his sights on her, using her as a way to anchor himself so he wouldn't become unbalanced and tip over. 

Eren had practically begged Mikasa to tell him just how it was Himari had managed to defeat him in hand-to-hand combat the first time she properly got involved and beat him with just a single quick pinch to the chest. He had been curious - he'd wanted to learn everything about her. He'd never admitted it, of course, Eren was much too proud to admit that a girl had caught his attention, but it was obvious just by the way they worked and spoke to each other that there was an underlying bond between the two that couldn't be explained. There just simply was.

"Well... yeah..." Eren trailed off, but his words weren't certain. Armin tilted his head curiously as Eren seemed to fumble over his thoughts, unsure of how to put whatever it was that was ailing him.

"What's the problem?" Armin asked softly. Eren sighed.

"It's... so easy to die in this world. Himari's always putting herself in danger and her being around me will just make that worse," Eren murmured, somewhat embarrassed to be having this conversation with Armin. They'd never really spoken about girls before. Armin had never brought the subject up and any thoughts Eren had of Himari he kept to himself.