➤ 𝐗𝐋𝐕

【𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄】

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI FOLLOWED LEVI THROUGH THE PACKED TOWN using their ODM gear to jump from roof to roof. She made sure to keep her hood up, covering her face from view and remained close to the dark-haired man who had suddenly become very serious. They landed on a rooftop near the wagon, which was being tailed by Nifa and the other members of the Fourth Squad.

Nifa looked up in surprise when Levi and Himari landed beside her, the white-haired girl giving her a nod in greeting.

"Captain? H-Soldier?" Nifa asked, using the name they'd agreed to call Himari by. She looked somewhat shocked to see them there, as they'd gone off to ensure that Armin, Jean and Cecania were safe, but Himari couldn't blame her. She was confused, too. Levi hadn't given her any explanation as to why he had dragged her with him after interrogating her but she had a feeling she would find out soon enough.

"Well?" Levi asked. Nifa blinked, getting back on track.

"The road is crowded, but nothing unusual. It's not much farther to Commander Pixis'. How's the body double mission?" She glanced over at Levi, who was too busy staring down at the wagon that was concealing Eren and Historia from few, his eyebrows knitted together in thought.

"It worked. Perhaps a bit too well, but they're all fine - the others should've stormed the place by now," Himari answered, earning a quiet sigh of relief and a nod from Nifa.

"It worked... but the Captain doesn't look that happy about it," Nifa murmured to Himari, not quite quiet enough for him not to pick up on what she said. Himari gave a faint shake of her head, letting the woman know that she was just as confused as she was. Nifa's faint, golden eyes narrowed slightly as she looked past Himari, the latter only realising now just how similar the two would have looked had Himari actually been born with red hair. 

Goldish-yellow eyes weren't uncommon. Nifa, Connie and Himari's previous Commandant were all living proof that there was nothing unusual about her specific eye colour - it was just the fact that Himari's seemed to glow brighter than usual. They were a piercing gold that quite often sent shivers down the spines of strangers who looked into them. It was almost like looking back into the eye of a hungry bird.

"No..." Levi said quietly, breaking Himari from her thoughts. She watched him from out of the corner of her eye, noticing the way his frown deepened as a look of recognition flitted through his eyes.

"Captain. The wagon's almost moving again." True to her word, the crowd below had started thinning out, revealing a path that the wagon was slowly pushing through. They were so close to Pixis' that Himari could practically taste the relief of the plan going smoothly on her tongue. She just hoped that it continued that way.

"Nifa, have you heard about Kenny the Ripper?" Himari blinked at the unfamiliar name. 

"The mass murderer in the capital? The one that slit the throats of over a hundred Military Police?" Himari froze. She turned to Levi slowly, noticing that the man was watching her closely.