➤ 𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈

【𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄】

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE HALL WHERE THE UNVEILING OF the Association to Protect the Subjects of Ymir, was overwhelmingly big and packed full of people who had come from all across the world. Himari fidgeted anxiously in her seat, toying with the bottom of the dark, black jacket she was wearing. Levi glanced over at the girl out of the corner of his eye, his gaze moving across to Eren, who was sitting beside her.

The conversation they had had the previous night at the Azumabito estate hadn't stopped running through her mind, leaving her uneasy. Upon hearing of Hange's plans to infiltrate the international forum, in the hopes that they would get the chance to speak up for the people of Paradis and proclaim their innocence and want for peace, Kiyomi had looked forlorn, as though she already knew how the meeting would go.

Himari had almost wondered if she'd half-heartedly tried to subtly persuade them not to go, by telling them that the forum was not really what it was made out to be by the name. She wondered if maybe they shouldn't be there - that they should try talking to Marley's military or government directly in the hopes of changing the minds of people who might give them a real chance to speak. But she figured it was too late now to say anything - they were already seated and lines of important-looking men sporting briefcases and expensive suits were flooding into the giant room.

Beside Himari, however, Eren was sitting motionless in his seat, with hands splayed out on his lap in front of him. There was nothing on his face that gave away how he was feeling. Behind him, Himari could hear, Connie, Jean, Sasha, Armin and Mikasa talking quietly amongst themselves. Himari was pleased to hear that none of them sounded nervous - that none of them had yet given up hope that maybe there was a way around the plan to sacrifice Himari, Historia and Historia's future children.

Crowds of curious people filtered into the giant hall, filling the seats that lined the edges of the room. Many of them looked on to the man standing at the front of the room with surprising pity in their eyes - something Himari had not expected upon entering the atrium that morning. Their looks, however, left a nasty taste settling in the back of her mouth. She had a feeling she wasn't going to like what was coming.

Finally, when the meeting began, the man at the front of the room stood up once he had been asked to say his piece. Himari didn't realise that she was holding her breath until the familiar feeling of her lungs burning in her chest caused her to inhale sharply.

"We seek aid for the displaced Subjects of Ymir scattered across nations!" The man cried out, his voice shaking and unsteady as it filled the otherwise silent hall.

"These refugees were never once Eldians, nor do they have anything to do with the dangerous ideologies of the Eldian Empire! They are nothing more than victims, forced by the Eldian Empire to interbreed! They deserve compassion! It is only the devils of that island who deserve our hatred above all!"