➤ 𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

【𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍】

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE SUN WAS BLINDING even from behind closed eyelids. Himari screwed her face up, raising an arm to cover her face as she grumbled incoherently under her breath and rolled over. Her body felt heavy, as though it had been pumped full of concrete as she placed her fingers over her closed eyes.

Asleep? Himari wondered. She couldn't remember falling asleep.

Rubbing the tiredness from her heavy eyes, she pried them open slowly. She squinted at first, adjusting to the brightness of the sun, before she opened them entirely and lowered her hand to her side. She blinked away the blurriness in her vision before she pushed herself up into a sitting position, gaze narrowing at the unfamiliar room she had awoken in.

Her eyes met the white ceiling first, before she dragged them down the equally as pale walls. The room was entirely empty, save for a chair that had been dragged in and placed next to her bed. There was a faint smell of some kind of cleaning chemical in the air, that suggested she was somewhere inside a medical wing.

Subconsciously, she rose a hand to her hair, running her fingers through the soft strands that fell loosely over her shoulders. She paused, upon coming to the realisation that her fingers combed easily through the white locks, rather than getting caught in the matted, damp mess it had been the last time she'd been awake. She took a few strands between her thumb and forefinger as she glanced down at it, noting that there was no sign of pale pink in her hair anymore.

Himari's hand stilled, dropping the hair when she remember just why her hair had been stained red in the first place. She glanced down at her hands, turning them over in front of her and noted that they were the usual, creamy pale shade of ivory that her skin normally was. There was no blood anywhere to be found - not even under her fingertips. 

Himari lowered her hands into her lap, gaze becoming unfocused as she began to recall the events that had taken place the last time she was conscious. They flashed through her mind so quickly it nearly gave her a headache, leaving her to bury her hands in her face as the clear memories danced before her closed eyes.

The Colossal Titan's appearance. The hole in the wall. The loss of her squad. Eren's death. Her death. Eren saving her. The plan to plug up the wall. Marco. The success of the mission. Marco.

Himari pulled her hands away from her face and immediately began to pat down her body, searching for the pocket of her jacket. Her breath hitched when she felt thin, soft material under her fingertips, rather than the scratchy canvas of her uniform jacket. She looked down, noticing that she had been changed into a loose, white shirt. She pushed the sheets back of her legs and saw a pair of long, black pants covering her legs.