➤ 𝐗𝐗

【𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘】

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

(tw// human trafficking, kidnapping)

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

DESPITE THE FRIENDLINESS OF THE SCOUTS that Himari and Eren had been introduced to once they'd left the confinements of the courthouse, there was an underlying tension that Himari couldn't help but notice. They'd met up with the rest of the so-called Levi Squad at the Survey Corps headquarters in Trost. Petra, Eld and Gunther - three of the four members on the team - had been kind enough, greeting both Himari and Eren with small smiles and 'nice to meet you's.' The fourth member, Oluo, had clicked his tongue and stared disapprovingly up at Eren and Himari, causing the latter to raise an eyebrow. The two were just a few inches taller than him, which, she noticed, caused him some disdain. 

Eren looked significantly smaller than he usually did, however, considering his shoulders were hunched and he was rubbing his elbow awkwardly, trying to avoid the glare that Oluo was giving them both.

Himari noticed that his light, brown hair had been parted down the middle and style with an undercut. A clean, white cravat was tucked carefully around his neck and his eyes were narrowed in a condescending fashion that reminded her of Levi. Himari only rose an eyebrow at the sight, not the least bit perturbed by his unfriendly manner.

"You said your last name was Feuerbach, right?" Petra, the only girl on the Levi Squad asked. Himari turned away from Oluo and glanced over at the strawberry-blonde, who gave a silent nod of her head. Petra smiled warmly at her.

"I thought I recognised that last name. Your sister's helped us out in quite a few tight spots during expeditions outside the walls. She's incredible and if you're anywhere near as talented as she is, we'll be lucky to have you on our team." Himari blinked, her eyes widening in surprise at the sudden compliment from the ginger girl.

"Thank you," Himari replied, subtle shock evident in her tone. Petra nodded her head, her smile widening.

"Even if it takes you a while to warm up to us, it's nice to know that I'll finally have another girl around to talk to. I love my teammates, but being around them all twenty-four seven without any other girl company can grow exhausting." Petra gave a soft laugh. Despite her words, however, Himari could tell that she didn't mean them in a vexing way - she truly cared about the members of the Levi Squad. In fact, they all seemed to care about each other immensely.

Himari realised that the underlying tension she could feel had come as a result of her and Eren joining the team - though it was also partially due to the fact that Eren could turn into a titan and no one had any clue what was happening with Himari, who had just been exposed as a murderer.

They all looked as though they trusted one another with their lives. Himari watched the way they spoke to each other, noting the open body language and the lack of tension between the four. She could practically see the bonds of trust that had solidified within the group and Himari suddenly felt like an outlier. She and Eren were, in a way. They hadn't purposely been chosen by Captain Levi to join his squad the way they had - she and Eren had been unceremoniously dumped at his feet.