➤ 𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈

【𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗】

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI BARELY PAID ATTENTION TO WHAT WAS HAPPENING around her over the next twenty-four hours. They'd managed to lure the commanders of the First Interior Military Squad into a trap using Dimo Reeves - the man they'd kidnapped the day before. 

Himari and Mikasa had both recognised the man the moment he'd started talking. The last time they'd seen each other was the day that Trost had fallen and he'd been holding up the evacuation process by trying to push his wagon through the gate. 

Hange and Moblit met up with the group at an unoccupied farmhouse later on that morning, where they'd tied up the two men from the Military Poice and put them in separate cells in the dungeon below. Captain Levi began the interrogation while the rest of them were left upstairs to sit in the dark, stewing in silence and bitterness. 

Himari, who could feel a headache forming behind her eyes, rest her head on top of her arms, which were folded on the table in front of her. Jean had to place a hand on her leg to stop it from bouncing when she'd begun to shake the table as a result of her nerves.

Half an hour into Levi's torture, when Moblit and Hange finally appeared, they greeted the group of six quickly before Hange had turned to Himari.

"Himari, could I speak to you for a moment?" Himari pushed herself off the wall she was leaning on and followed Hange and Moblit down the stairs. She couldn't necessarily say it was quieter down there, considering the sounds of pained screams were so much closer now, but it gave them a bit more privacy.

"Levi mentioned that Kenny knew who you were," they started. Himari sighed, rubbing her temples tiredly as she nodded.

"Yeah. That's one way to put it," she replied. An apologetic expression crossed Hange's face at just how exhausted Himari seemed. She was quickly growing sick of the unanswered questions that seemed to never stop piling on top of her. 

It didn't help either that she'd had less than a few hours of sleep over the last few days, either, too. Coupled with the fact that her throbbing headache and worry about Eren and Historia's safety, it was quite safe to say that Himari was not very happy.

"We think that if Kenny knew who you were, the First Interior Squad do, too. The sight of you in the room might startle him into saying something but it won't be pretty. There's a reason why we're asking the others to stay upstairs." Himari sighed once again, folding her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, I kind of figured this is the only way we'd make him talk," she murmured before rubbing her forehead again.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before. I'll help, if you need it. It's... nothing new to me." Hange frowned but nodded their head.

"Unfortunately, we can't afford to get sidetracked here. While we may be asking you to work as a shock factor, we can't spare the time to ask about your family just yet, not while we still don't have any answers about where Eren and Historia were taken," they explained, causing Himari to nod in understanding.