➤ 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗

【𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄】

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE WEEK FOLLOWING THE EXPEDITION WAS DIFFICULT. Himari and Eren, after being released from the hospital, learned that Commander Erwin and Captain Levi had been summoned to the Capital and had been asked to hand them over. 

Eren, no doubt, was to be experimented on by the Military Police while Himari was going to be executed on the spot for her past crimes. She still hadn't told the others what had quite happened during the days before she joined the military, despite how curious they were. They didn't say anything, but their lingering gazes and quiet whispers which they thought they were being discreet about, were proof enough for Himari.

However, she hardly paid them any mind. Without the Levi squad or the approval to continue their proper training, Himari and Eren were forced to stay inside the Survey Corps HQ castle with the majority of Scouts who had made it back from the mission. Himari hardly left her room. They'd been put on suspension - there was nothing for Himari to do and nowhere for her to go, which meant that she had more time than ever to lose herself to her grief. It was winning.

She hated how disgusting and useless she felt, but the thought of getting out of her uncomfortable bed made her tired at the thought. She didn't want to see Levi - didn't want to admit that she was the fault he no longer had a squad and had an injured ankle. He had saved her from being squashed while Selma had done the same to Mikasa, only she hadn't been as lucky.

Everyone in the castle had heard Hange's cries and screams when Levi finally told them what happened the night they had returned. Himari had simply clapped her hands over her ears and screwed her face up, hoping that their cries would be over soon. Himari knew she had to go down and see Hange at some point - she knew that she had to tell them about what had happened during the expedition, but Himari couldn't bring herself to face them.

Not when they'd just lost their fiancé and Himari had just lost her sister.

Despite the way she'd done her best to block out all of Hange's noise, nothing could stop their cry of 'no, you're lying!' that had startled everyone, from leaving Himari's head. Himari wanted nothing more than to apologise to Hange, tell them that it was her fault and that she'd do anything to bring Selma back, tell them that she wished that it could have been her instead of Selma. But words wouldn't do anything to bring back the people that they had both lost.

With Eren under strict guard, he hadn't been allowed to go up and visit Himari since their talk in the hospital. Everyone had noticed the way she hadn't been coming down to meals and the way her bedroom door had stayed locked and closed. Her window was always open, but Himari was never seen standing in front of it. On the fifth night in a row that she'd refused to leave her room, Jean, who had been one of the few leaving meals at her door, the other two being Mikasa and Armin, decided to knock on it in the hopes of getting an answer. There had been no reply.