➤𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

【𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎】

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI WATCHED, BARELY BREATHING as Eren and Zeke began to argue. Eren's lips had curled up in a feral snarl as he thrashed violently against the chains that circled his wrists. Their voices became faded and drowned out, as though someone had pushed Himari's head underwater. It spun dizzyingly as she pushed herself to her feet on shaky legs, causing her to stumble in the sand that Ymir had rebuilt her body out of.

She could see Ymir moving in the distance, walking towards the great, white beam of light that seemed to glow continuously brighter the longer that Himari stared at it. She swallowed thickly, her tongue dry and heavy in the bottom of her mouth as she reached out a hand, fingers brushing through the distance that separated her and The Founder.

"Ymir..." she said, her voice no higher than a whisper that went unheard as Zeke began yelling, screaming, pleading for Ymir to listen to him, to enact the euthanization plan.

Himari didn't know what Eren had planned and she sure didn't like what Zeke had planned either. She wasn't about to get on her knees and beg Ymir to put an end to this nonsense - she wasn't going to stoop to Zeke's level. Instead, all she did was stumble forwards, her arm dropping to her side.

To her surprise, Ymir stopped. She paused in her tracks, halting just a fair distance away from the tree of light that illuminated the endless night they were trapped in. Himari could not see her eyes when she turned her head, looking over her shoulder at the white-haired woman who looked so familiar, sounded so hauntingly similar, to the first Kobayashi she had met.

Himari took another few tentative steps forward, as though fearful that the closer she moved, the further away Ymir would become. Ymir, however, never moved. Both Eren and Zeke had stilled, their shouts quietened to buzzing silence as Himari, for the first time in history, approached the Founder.

She lowered herself to the ground, sitting on her knees behind Ymir. Ymir was still and silent, as though she were a statue of faded stone. Himari raised a hand into the air, her eyes locked on the sand below as she gritted her teeth, her heartbeat thudding in her ears.

"My family has always been a part of yours. All this time, the only thing I've ever searched for are answers about who I am, about this curse that bound me to the Founding Titan - to Eren - since the moment I was born. I have no interest in ruling a world or claiming any power. I just want to know where I came from. Please... if you can... show me Himawari. Show me what happened two thousand years ago."

For a moment, Himari believed that Ymir had not heard her. She could feel her arm shaking the longer she held it up in the air, her fingers trembling like leaves in an autumn breeze. She gritted her teeth and bowed her head, on the verge of coming to the realisation that she may never receive the answers that she had spent most of her life searching for, when Ymir moved.