➤ 𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈

【𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎】

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"YOU'LL JUST TRY TO STEAL THE FOOD, SASHA. I'll get Captain Levi to chop you up into nice bite-sized pieces."

"I won't! Probably..."

"C'mon, Sash. You do realise we're talking about the same girl who stole a potato from the meal hall and ate it during initiation into the Training Corps because it looked lonely sitting there on the table, right?" 

"Himari! I thought you guys had forgotten about that by now!"

"No one's forgotten about that, Sasha." A grin donned Himari's face at Armin's words as he glanced over his shoulder at the two girls who were bringing up the rear, Himari pausing at the door to pull off her black boots. They'd been tasked with bringing in the food from the supply wagons that they'd taken down to Trost District to stock up on the necessities that they needed. 

It had been just over a week and a half since they'd returned from the rescue mission to save Eren from being kidnapped by Reiner and Bertholdt. They'd spent half that time in the Trost District recovering and spending time in meetings with Hange and the other higher-ups. It had been a restless week, what with the knowledge that the titans who had attacked Connie, Historia, Ymir, Reiner and Bertholdt in the first place had possibly been the residents of Ragako Village - Connie's hometown. The knowledge that all titans, every single one of them, were possibly humans that had somehow been turned into the mindless, man-eating beasts had taken a toll on all of them, Connie especially. 

It had, however, gotten Himari thinking. If all titans really were humans, how had they come to be titans in the first place? And, along with that, who was once the woman who had eaten Eren's mother? Who was once the man who had eaten Himari's father? It was a never-ending circle of endless questions and no answers that quite often left Himari irritated and with a headache, so she chose not to think about it for the time being.

If there was anything good that had come out of rescuing Eren, aside from having him returned safely to the walls, it was that the higher-ups in the Scout Regiment seemed to realise that the remaining members of the 104th Training Corps who had chosen to join the Survey Corps worked better when they were all together. It would be fruitless separating them when they worked closely as not just a team, but a small family who trusted each other to no end. Thanks to that, they'd all ended up as the newest members of Squad Levi.

While Himari was grateful that this meant she wouldn't be separated from any of her friends again, it was also a painful reminder of the people who weren't there with them. The original members of Squad Levi, to begin with, as well as Selma and the rest of their friends who had died and been lost along the way. 

Everyone had noticed that Himari had been somewhat quieter since moving into the large cabin hidden away deep in the forest-heavy areas of Wall Rose, away from normal civilisation. While she still talked, even joining in with their joking and laughter at mealtimes, she spent most of her time in her head, frowning at whatever it was she was thinking about. It didn't help either that she'd been so blatantly avoiding Eren since they'd returned. Everyone had noticed.