➤ 𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

【𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎】

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

TEN MONTHS LATER...

HIMARI FEUERBACH AWOKE WITH A START. Her eyes shot open as sharp, deep breaths burned her lungs like acrid smoke. The thin covers of her bed felt as though they had been welded to her body, suffocating her with hands made from loose threads. 

She thrashed violently, body trembling like fallen leaves in the middle of a brisk, autumn breeze. The sheets fell from her body, damp with sticky sweat that covered her skin in a glittering sheen. She could taste the saltiness of it on the palms of her hands as she clamped them over her mouth, concealing the terrified scream that threatened to rip through her vocal cords.

For a moment, Himari wasn't quite sure where she was. The room around her was dark. Unfamiliar. The bed beside her was cold and empty - no semblance of the familiar warmth that her body longed for. Everything looked wrong. Different. Like something was missing.

She coughed into her palms, holding back the urge to gag as blurry flashes of what Himari only assumed was some kind of hospital room, ran rampant through her head like wild dogs, leaving her feeling dizzy and disoriented. Her heart skipped a beat, leaving Himari's body tingling with unpleasant pins and needles before she felt the violent thumping against her ribcage. 

A sharp, familiar pain shot through her leg and her hands flew down to it as unadulterated terror carved through her insides like a knife. A choking noise shuddered past her pale lips when she felt that it was still there, but it didn't bring her any relief. Her head pounded, the incessant aching of a constant headache unwelcome, but not unfamiliar.

She brought her hand up to her eye, next. It was so dark, she could barely see anything and it terrified her. Her mind had become hazy with confusion, leaving her feeling vulnerable. 

Had the moon hidden itself behind the clouds outside, shying its face away from the blood-covered Earth it watched over? Or had Himari really gone blind - the ghostly remnants of a thick, golden bullet lodged deep into her skull, one that she could not see, could not feel, but one that wouldn't go away?

She stumbled out of her bed, nearly tripping over the sheets she'd kicked off her in her hasty attempt to draw air back into her lungs. She pushed open the door to the adjacent bathroom off her room, and fell over the sink, breathing heavily as bile rose in her throat. Her lips clamped together as she attempted to keep it down, not wanting to spend yet another morning throwing up from what she knew were not just nightmares, but scenes she was seeing through someone else's eyes.

Through his eyes.

Himari was almost afraid to look up into the dirty mirror, terrified of what she would see. She didn't know if she could handle seeing his ghost standing behind her again, whispering incoherent words into her ears. She didn't want to gaze back at the man who was helping her see through his eyes - helping her see another country, another world that lay millions upon millions of miles away, across the ocean that separated the two.