➤ 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

【𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓】

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

NEVERENDING, INKY DARKNESS PRESSED DOWN ON Himari from every corner of her body. She couldn't tell whether she was swimming, flying or standing on solid ground - everything around her had just become a solid, gaseous mass of black. 

She reached out a hand in front of her, but could not see the fingers on her hands when she looked down at her palm. She parted her lips with every intention of calling out into the dark abyss she'd seemingly fallen into, but learned quickly enough that no matter how hard she screamed, all that came out out of her mouth was silence. 

She turned, eyes desperately searching for some kind of light, some kind of reprieve in the dark silence, but there was nothing. It was simply as though she'd begun to exist in nothing. 

She wasn't quite sure how long she'd spent inside the realm, waiting for some kind of light to break through the black. However, it wasn't white that penetrated the onyx domain, but the far-off sound of something in the distance.

Himari stood up, beginning to move closer and closer to the noise, which she quickly distinguished as voices. They were muffled, as though they were coming from behind a door, or were far off in the distance. She couldn't make out the words, but the tones sounded familiar to her.

Himari furrowed her eyebrows, knowing that the names of the people speaking sat right on the very edge of her tongue. They were so close... if only she could just hear them a little clearer...

Sudden brightness blinded her. Her first reaction was to immediately shut her eyes and shield her vision from the shining sun above, but Himari quickly realised that she had no control over her actions.

Green swam in and out of her sight as her vision began to clear, her eyelids dropping down into slow, heavy blinks despite the fact that she knew she wasn't blinking.

The sudden, picturesque scenery of a forest surrounded Himari, yanking her from the final clutches of the darkness she had been trapped in.

A pair of figures standing before her flashed before her eyes. They started off as blurry, but became increasingly clearer with each new flash of bright white, as though someone was turning a lamp on and off right in front of her.

The misshapen blobs of blond and brunet heads suddenly moulded into the figures of Reiner and Bertholdt. The scenes changed quickly before her eyes - moving so fast that her head spun dizzyingly at the sheer speed of the pictures flashing through her mind.

One moment they were staring at each other, the next they were gazing down at her. She could see their mouths moving as Reiner lowered himself into a crouch in a series of white flashes, but their voices sounded fuzzy and distant and she was unable to make out what they were saying.