➤ 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕

【𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄】

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

BY THE TIME EREN, HIMARI, MIKASA AND ARMIN had received their orders to get changed into their uniforms, fill up their gas tanks and load the wagons that would take them out of Stohess, it was dark. There was a thick tension that hung heavy in the air, the humid heat of summer making it almost unbearable. 

Mikasa climbed into the cart first with Eren and Himari right behind her. Himari's shoulders were tense, her eyes set and her face hardened into a look of worry as she thought about the rest of her friends, wherever they may be.

"What the hell does all this mean?" Eren grumbled as he set his ODM gear down on the bottom of the cart beside Mikasa and Himari's. Neither one of the girls replied. Himari winced as she rose her arms with the intent to tie her hair up out of her face so she wouldn't be pushing it back when the cart started moving. She gathered up her white hair, tying it back out of her face just as Armin approached the three, looking troubled.

"Would titans break walls with titans in them?" 

"It's happened before. They busted the wall into our city," Eren replied as Himari lowered her hands into her lap. She frowned thoughtfully.

"But that was the Colossal. There's a big difference between the intelligent titans and the normal ones, right? Maybe whoever the Colossal is, didn't know that there were titans inside the walls," Himari added. "Actually... how the hell did titans get inside the walls in the first place?" Armin sighed quietly.

"You have a point... but the Colossal busted the gate," he said, causing Himari to raise an eyebrow. She exchanged a glance with Mikasa, who leaned forward, opposite Himari.

"Armin, what are you saying?" She asked curiously.

"The thing about the walls... there's no crevices between the rocks, or any signs of cracking. We can't really tell how they're made. So what if they're made of hardened Titan skin?" 

Armin's eyes slid over to Himari, who blinked confusedly at his sudden statement, before her eyes grew wide. He pressed his lips together as she glanced down at her hands, flexing her fingers where they had once been covered in the shimmering, blue solidness that now enveloped Annie. It was crazy... but it made sense.

"It must be pretty versatile if Annie can encase herself."

"Plus... it's hard to break. Extremely hard to break. If you're right though, there have to be hundreds of thousands of titans that are protecting us from... well, from titans."

"Titans... in the walls..." Eren trailed off. He looked over at Himari, who was staring down at her hands, looking slightly shocked. 

"But if the stuff around Annie is actually hardened titan skin, then what's happening to Himari? The same stuff on her skin appeared on Annie's, but as far as we know, Himari can't turn into a titan," Eren said. The white-haired girl ran her thumb over the back of her hand, before she rose an eyebrow.