➤ 𝐋

【𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘】

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘

(please note this chapter does contain graphic scenes including descriptions of kidnapping, human trafficking, sex trafficking, pedophilia, murder and forced prostitution. please do not read if these scenes can be considered unsettling or triggering for you.)

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE REST OF THE EVENING WAS SPENT in silence. Neither Levi nor Himari said anything on their way back to Trost, making it just in time to bathe, change and tidy themselves for Historia's coronation.

Himari took a moment to herself before she had to leave, leaning over the bathroom sink as she sighed, her head falling between her arms. She splashed cold water over her face, trying to wash away the lack of sleep and stress that had moulded her lips into a constant frown. She hated, that when she looked up at herself in the dusty mirror, all she could see was the sadness in her eyes that she was trying so hard to ignore. 

After everything they'd been through over the past few weeks, just when things seemed as though they were looking up again, Himari felt the weight of the world pressing down on her shoulders once again. She knew that Captain Levi wouldn't tell Eren what he and Himari had heard from Kenny, despite the fact that it was obvious he didn't think it was a good idea.

She wasn't ignorant to the side glances he continued to give her, she just chose not to acknowledge them. He said nothing to her, but Himari didn't think that it was because he didn't want to, it was merely because he didn't know what to say. She didn't even know what to think.

Himari straightened up, smoothing down the wrinkles in her formal uniform coat. She sighed as she pushed her hair back off her face, tucking it behind her ears as she allowed it to fall freely down to her shoulders. She noticed that it was growing longer, considering she hadn't had the chance to cut it over the last few months.

When she was somewhat satisfied with her appearance, she left the room and joined Captain Levi at his side so they could attend the coronation. He didn't say anything to her on the way there, nor did he say anything to her when it was over. She simply walked behind him in silence, feeling her heart weigh heavy in her chest with each step she took, knowing she was growing closer and closer to Eren.

She knew that Captain Levi thought that keeping what she had learned a secret, was wrong. She knew it was wrong, too, but Himari simply couldn't bring herself to tell him about just how deep her connection with his titan powers ran. His mental state was already fragile enough as it was and she knew that he would have a few very busy upcoming months, now that he had the ability to harden the skin of his titan. She couldn't find it in herself to break his spirit, not when he'd just made the resolve to get better.

She was leaning against one of the walls in the hallway of the headquarters with Levi at her side. One of her feet rest flat on the wall she was leaning on and she'd tucked her hands into the pockets of her coat, her head bowed. Her eyes slid over when she heard the sounds of chatter and laughter growing louder and felt her heart skip a beat when they landed on seven familiar faces.