➤ 𝐕

【𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄】

𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

TO HIMARI'S UTTER SURPRISE, EREN had been one of the few cadets who hadn't managed to stay upright during the vertical balancing aptitude test. Everyone had turned in the direction of Shadis when he had started yelling at Jaeger, humiliating him in front of every other cadet that had signed up to be part of the 104th graduates.

Himari folded her arms over her chest, watching from afar with Reiner at her side as Eren hung upside down helplessly, his jacket falling up past his head as he swung back and forwards with no hope of righting himself. Reiner glanced over at her, but there was no indication as to what she was thinking, on her face. She felt his gaze on the side of her head and shifted her weight slightly to the other foot, her body turning inwards to face him.

"Big talk last night for someone who can't stay upright on the ODM gear," Himari said. There was no maliciousness or bite to her tone, however. It was simply honesty - something he recognised and understood. Reiner felt as though he was beginning to somewhat understand her a little better after the talk they'd had. She wasn't a mean person - much unlike the impression she had given off the previous night when she'd told everyone off in the mess hall. She just spoke her mind, honesty being the only thing on it. She didn't so much care about whether or not her words came out in a way that might offend others, she simply spoke whatever it was she was thinking.

She gave him the impression that she was a very goal-oriented person, too. She had reasons for joining and plans for her future and making friends along the way was not something that sat at the very top of her priority list. To put it simply, Himari was someone who was only focused on herself and her future. Anyone who couldn't keep up with her got left behind. He appreciated that.

Himari could hear people snickering around the camp, but that was only to be expected. Eren had certainly been vocal about his goal the previous night and, from what she had gotten from Jean's grumbling that morning, he had been metaphorically dropped on his ass after insulting his and anyone else's dream to join the Military Police, after she'd left the mess hall the previous night. Eren had blatantly refused to shake hands with the boy, practically spitting poison in his eye before he'd turned on his heel and walked out. Himari had been disappointed that she hadn't been there to see it happen. 

Himari watched silently from afar as Eren was lowered to the ground, his cheeks burning red with humiliation and anger as he scrambled to his feet in an attempt to maintain some of his very injured pride. She was one of the last ones to turn away from him, accidentally catching his eye as her gaze shifted from his face to the lowering sun in the background. 

Eren sighed to himself as he walked off, feeling even more embarrassed that she'd seen him fail spectacularly. Something about the way she had spoken to the others last night, after coming to his aid, made him want to prove that he wasn't as weak as he had sounded. He was being truthful - he wanted to fight the titans and kill them all, exacting his revenge on the beasts that had ripped everything he'd ever known, away from him in just mere minutes. So far? He wasn't off to a good start.