➤ 𝐗𝐈𝐗

【𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍】

𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

(tw// mentions of trafficking, sexual slavery and assault)

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

IT FELT LIKE THE SHOCKED YELLS AND CHATTER coming from the useless on-lookers in the room would never end. Himari stepped back beside Mikasa, her face impassive as she folded her arms defiantly against her chest. Despite her calm exterior, Himari's lips had parts as she began to take deep, shaky breaths in an attempt to calm the worry that made her feel sick to her stomach.

 Both Armin and Mikasa had turned to face the girl, their eyes wide in surprise. Himari had always been very secretive about her life before joining the Training Corps. They knew the basics, such as where she came from and why she had been orphaned, but that was pretty much the extent of it. 

They'd never have expected that crime was just one of the things her silence was covering for. Silently, both of Himari's friends began to wonder what it was that the girl had been doing before she became a cadet. Most of all, why?

Zackly turned to face Himari with a stern expression on his face. It seemed that sense of familiarity he had looked at her with earlier had finally flickered to recognition. It had been five years since Himari had last caused any trouble for the MP's, which was why it had taken him so long to catch on to the name of the Military Police's notorious pain in the ass.

Himari did her best not to shrink back under his gaze. She lifted her chin up into the air and stared impassively back at Zackly, resisting the urge to fold her arms over her chest.

"I don't deny it. However, I would like to remind you that the one on trial at the moment is Eren Jaeger and not myself. My personal... history with the Military Police doesn't involve Eren in any way at all and therefore should not altercate with my testimonies," Himari stated calmly. Inside, she was glad that Krista had spent so much time teaching her how to read. She would have had no idea how to reply in such a professional manner, otherwise. 

Unfortunately for Himari, she wasn't surprised when Nile began to object to her attempts of getting Eren's trial back on track.

"Now just hold on a minute. If you're expecting us to brush past the fact that you have a track record and continue listening to your claims that Eren is not a danger when you yourself can be considered as nothing more than a thug and a criminal, you are mistaken," Nile spoke up, shuffling papers around in his hands.

"Petty theft, aggravated assault, assault against Garrison soldiers and Military Police members alike. Tax evasion, trespassing, property damage and possession of stolen goods," he read off the papers in his hands before he folded them, and looked back up at the judge.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I fail to see how my inability to pay taxes is relevant to Eren's ability to turn into a titan." Nile narrowed his eyes dangerously at the girl, who shuffled her weight onto one foot as she stared pointedly back at the commander of the Military Pigs. Himari heard a muffled snort echo through the room.