oppas

" Soobin! That's the third glass you've broken today!" I heard Jisoo-unnie say as I entered the staff room, seeing the other nurses that was going to be on shift for the night. I smiled at Kai-oppa, who smiled back. 

I looked over his shoulder,  seeing Soobin-oppa flush under the intense gaze of Jisoo-unnie. Soobin-oppa had broken another glass of water and Jisoo-unnie was pretty angry about it.

" I'm sorry! I'm just-" 

" Tired, we know. Come on, Soobin. Let's hand over and we can call it day today, shall we? Come, Jisoo-unnie," Jennie-unnie says, waddling over and taking Soobin by the hand, leading him on one of the chairs around the table so that we can hand over the reports to the new nurses for the shift. 

I sat opposite Kai-oppa, talking him through Jae and Jung-hoon's current condition and Aera's improving state. Kai-oppa was 23 years old and had a killer voice. He would often sing Jae and his brother to sleep when they had nightmares, or they would do a concert early in the morning, in which I could catch up on if I wasn't late the next time I come to work, which would be tomorrow. 

" Kim Aera. She's so cute!" Kai-oppa gushes, looking at the report and scanning the report. " It looks as though she won't be here for too long, anyways. She's already improving and it's just her first night here."

" She's a strong one, oppa. And she also likes to watch Disney with someone else there because  she would have someone to talk to about it afterwards. Oh, and she prefers warm water, which is good because of her tonsils. She also likes naps, but she tends to wake up abruptly. She really likes drawing and taking photos, and--"

" Calm down, little dongsaeng!" Kai-oppa says while chuckling. " I have the whole night to befriend this child. I'm gonna be fine."

I sighed. Whenever I met a little kid that I am responsible for, I always get attached to them. What can I say? It's part of my charm. 

Kai-oppa and the others had told Soobin-oppa, Jennie-unnie and Jisoo-unnie to scram, saying that we need to take a rest so that we'll be fine for our shift tomorrow morning. We have said our ' see you laters'  and we made our way out of the ward. Kai-oppa placed a soft kiss on Jennie-unnie's forehead, telling her that he would be home at 11 tonight to sing songs to their baby

Walking in between Jisoo-unnie and Soobin-oppa, I fixed my hair once more in a ponytail, making sure to put it under my beanie so that the heat won't escape my head. Soobin-oppa led me through the ward, fixing my bag as I folded my beanie on my forehead so that I can actually see where I was walking. 

" So, Y/N-ie, you up for a small afternoon tea at the café?" Jennie-unnie asks, fixing her coat as she rubs her baby bump. 

I nodded enthusiastically. " Ne, unnie. I'm way too hungry." 

Our stomachs growled simultaneously, making us giggle and laugh. Walking out of the hospital, the snowy air breezed, and snowflakes gently fell down. Shivering, I walked closer to Soobin-oppa, who chuckled at my tactics. He wrapped an arm around me, pulling me close. 

Crossing the street, we all practically ran into the café, seeing that there was only around three or four groups in there. We walked to a booth, still slightly shivering. I was the last in the pack, so I followed them. 

A hand enclosed around my arm, and I felt sparks blossoming up my arm and throughout me. The hand gently turned me around and I was face to face with my soulmate, Hoseok-oppa. He gave me a joy-filled smile. 

" Hi," was all he said for now. My cheek flushed as I looked into his eyes.

" H-hi."

" Who are you with?"