Chapter 26~ Prince Awaits

Tris POV
The day of the dance comes by faster than I thought it would. The girls and I are at my house getting ready. "You look amazing tris!" Marlene tells me and I thank her. I do look pretty. I'm in my striking orange gown with gold heels. Chris did my makeup, I have a light orange lip stick on with gold eyeliner, mascara and nude eye shadow.

We hear the door bell ring downstairs and the girls run down to answer while I finish putting my shoes on. I hear a knock on the door, I answer expecting it to be Christina but instead standing in front of me in an amazing black suit and orange tie that goes with my dress, is tobias. "Hey there Prince Charming." I say pulling him to me by his tie. I kiss him and pull back to see him smirk. "I heard that there's a girl here ready for the dance. I hear that she's the most gorgeous girl ever." He says and I laugh. "Come on." I say grabbing my clutch. We divide into each car, Tobias, me, chris and will in Tobias's car. Uriah, Marlene, Zeke, and Shauna is Shauna's car. We get to the dance pretty quick and we all get out of the cars. Tobias wraps his arm around me as we walk in.

We get in and see mostly couples everywhere dancing, talking, drinking, and just having a good time. The place is decorated in lights with autumn leaves, it's absolutely beautiful. Tobias and I walk over to the table our friends got and we take a seat. "Can I get you a drink?" Tobias asks. "I um.. Don't drink." I tell him. "Come on just one.. It's a party!" He says and it makes me smile. "Sure." I say and he gets up to get me a glass. "Isn't it beautiful?!" Chris exclaims and we all nod or say "yea" In response. Tobias comes back with two cups, he hands me one and I take a sip. The alcohol burns my throat but soon tastes good.

"Come on let's dance." Tobias says taking my hand. We walk out onto the dance floor. They are playing a slow song and tobias puts his hands around my waist and mine around his neck. His bold blue eyes demand attention in the room yet they are focused on one thing and one thing only. Me.

I rest me head on his chest and listen to the beating of his heart. He's warm which spreads to me, tobias kisses the top of my head. "I Love you tris." He says and I look up and kiss him on the lips. I pull back and see him smirk. "Cherry?" I ask making him chuckle. He nods. "I love you too tobias." And we kiss again.