Chapter 41~ Call of concern??

Tobias POV
Tris was so tired and fatigued that she fell asleep at the table, I carried her to bed and tucked her in. She's been sleeping for five hours now and it's almost 9:00pm. I'm about to go to bed after changing into my sweatpants, when the phone rings. I answer it and bring it into the living room hoping not to disturb tris.

"Hello?

"Son!" The voice I know too well says.

"What the hell do you want?" I ask keeping my voice cold.

"I wanted to check in on you. Make sure your all right there." He says.

"Yea I'm fine. I'm not getting beaten so yea I'm good. And why the hell would you care if I'm alright! You never cared about my well being!" I start yelling.

The line is quiet for a minute then Marcus clears his voice.

"It just your on your own-" I cut him off.

"Bullsh*t! You don't care and this was the best thing Ive ever done! And you know what I got that you hate. Freedom." I say and hang up.

I'm tempted to throw the phone but that would for sure wake up tris. "Are you alright?" Tris's voice fills the room. I turn and see her standing in the door way. "Yea im fine." I say a bit too harsh. Since she's already up I chuck the phone at the wall. It breaks and falls to the floor, the wall now has a dent. "Your obviously not." She says. I sigh loudly. "It's nothing." "Don't you say it's nothing! Tell me why the hell you just threw our home phone at the wall and dented it!" She says getting angry.

"Fine. My father called." I say and her face softens. "What'd he want?" She asks. "To make sure I'm okay. He wanted to check in on me like a father should." I say and can't take it anymore. I walk over to the same wall and punch it, I punch it again. My knuckles split but I don't give a damn. I walk into the living room and flip the table over. "Tobias stop!" Tris screams running over. I take a vase and slam it on the floor. Tris screams and I look at her. I see the crystal clear glass sticking out of her leg, piercing her skin and causing her Crimson blood to flow out. "Tris im sorry." "What the f*ck is wrong with you!" She exclaims and limps into the bathroom. I walk in and watch her pull the prices out, she's just ignoring the pain. "Here I'll help." I say.

"No! Don't touch me!" She says clearly pissed at me. She gets the final price out and wraps her leg up. She walks back to the bed and lays down. I walk over to get in too but she stops me. "No! Your sleeping on the couch!" She says and I'm taken back. "I don't want you kicking me in the middle of the night or something." She says. She hands me my pillow and I leave. There's blankets already on the couch, I grab one and lay down. I close my eyes but only think of one thing, and that one thing scares me half to death.

I'm turning into him.