Chapter 60~Kicking with a Glimpse of the Future

Tobias POV
The next day thankfully is Saturday, tris is in the shower now, I just finished and got dressed. I still can't believe I live with her, it's surreal. The bathroom door opens to reveal tris walking out with a small navy towel wrapped around her, and she's drying her hair with a cream colored.

"Don't get any ideas." Tris says pointing at me while walking to the closet. I smirk, she grabs her change of clothes and goes back to the bathroom. She leaves the door cracked, either to tease me or so she can talk to me.

"How long till Shauna and Zeke get here??" Tris asks me. I'm guessing now that the cracked door was so she could speak with me but she's definitely teasing me, she's standing curling her hair in only her undergarments. "Ten minutes." I answer her. Zeke had called us last night with what he said was earth shattering news, its really not. How do I know?? Because it's zeke using that term. Tris is sure it has something to do with the baby.

Tris walks out, hair curled and dressed in a yellow tank top with tight grey capris leggings, and I mean tight! "Stop staring." Tris says and kisses the top of my head. We walk out to the kitchen and tris is opening the windows since it's beautiful out. Our doorbell buzzes and tris goes to answer it. "Hey." Zeke says to me as I approach the door. "Hey." They both have huge grins on their faces. "Come on in." Tris says.

We sit in the living room, "So what's this earth shattering news?" I ask. "Is that what you called it?" Shauna asks turning to zeke. He shrugs. "If It was, we'd all be dead by now." She tells him while tris and I exchange looks. "What is it?" Tris asks. "The baby... Kicked!" They announce. Tris and I automatically have smiles and tris goes over to hug Shauna. I watch her face, her expression, how she places her hand on Shauna's stomach to feel the kick.

I can imagine this with tris, getting this excited and it would be our child. Something we created together, something we could call our own and only ours. Being able to decorate a room for the little one, Buying toys and clothes, and picking names. Guessing whether or not our child will have my eyes or tris' s. I want a future like that, I'm so happy for them, especially zeke. I hope I get to experience that someday, with tris, with the girl I love.