Chapter 8: Blind as a Bat

{What do you guys think of the flow of this story? I'm aiming for a more drawled out and slow burn for this series--let me know if you want any Special chapters like the ones in The Hybrid's Cat, and what should they be?}

Marinette groaned and adjusted her annoying apron, nothing was working out for her today. Her hair was a mess, Tikki had ran out of the large stash of cookies that the blue-belled eyed girl had kept in cases of emergencies. And on top of that, she was completely and utterly exhausted from the Akuma that had attacked the Major's Hotel last night, Chloe was fawning over her and Chat had been flirting with her at the most inappropriate times of battle. 

"You looked drained Mari, do you need me to take over the register?" (M/n) soft voice entered her ears and her eyes welled up with dramatic crocodile tears. 

"My hero!!" Marinette whined out, bawling falsely. (M/n) chuckled, sparring her a minuscule smile. She hugged his torso tightly, rubbing her face in the boy's chest as the boy made his way the counter. Tending to the people waiting patiently. Thankfully today wasn't busy and now that (M/n) was there with the black-haired girl, the day would go much easier. 

============

Adrien was on his way to the park where another Photo-shoot would be taking place when he spotted (M/n) making his way through the playground and plopping down inside of one of the domes  and small holes. 

The golden-blond let his photographer know where he was going before making his way over to where he saw the tall teen climb in. Chuckling at the childish place to pick of all things, Adrien ducked his head inside startling the other. 

"Ah!--" (M/n) held his chest in shock while the blond tried to contain his wide teasing smile. 

"Hi," the blond raised his hand, waving curtly. (M/n) frowned deeply, adjusting his glasses(low-key forgot that I gave him glasses) as he got comfortable in the small kid's dome. The entire thing was made out of concrete and painted a vibrant red while the inside was a mix of a light yellow and pink. 

"...Hi." (M/n) greeted back meekly. He was angry. 

Angry that he thought for even a moment that the blond wasn't going to be there today. It was cloudy and he could smell the rain lingering in the air, the wind was picking up and it was cold. 

His ideal performing weather. From when he played piano. 

"Are you alright? I mean...from yesterday. I know that Chloe can be pretty harsh and she needs to get it together but--"

"You don't need to worry about me." (M/n) interrupted sharply, coldly glaring at the blond. But the model noticed the slight tremors in his hands and knees. Adrien pursed his lips at the cold words that (M/n) spewed out in an instant. Almost if he had rehearsed those lines minutes prior. The golden-blonde shook his head making the other gape at him before snorting and shaking his head in disappointment. 

"I can't not care or worry about one of my friends." Adrien admitted. Scratching the back of his neck. (M/n) stared at him hard and coldly before turning his body away from the blond and staring out at the mulch of the playground. 

"We're not friends." the (h/c)-haired teen muttered, hugging his scrapped knees closer to his chest. Adrien flinched back in retaliation. Scrunching his nose while he watched the (H/c)-haired seventeen-year-old scramble away from him once he got closer to his face and back. 

"Hey! Don't run away from me!" Adrien shouts, (M/n) rolled his lip between his teeth before shaking his head and crawling out of the playground piece tripping over his shoelaces.