Chapter 35: Getting Ready

DAY SEVEN; BET #2: Getting Ready

|ONE WEEK BEFORE THE FESTIVAL|

(M/n) leaned against the classroom desk, his head resting on the table

(M/n) leaned against the classroom desk, his head resting on the table. They were still setting up the small section in the Festival that they wanted to be apart of, some small booths and games that they had set up for children and teenagers their age. (M/n) was in charge of..he didn't quite know just yet. 

(M/n) let out a sheepish sigh, pursing his lips as he watched his friends converse throughout the classroom. 

This event was sponsored by their principal. All classes were technically participating, but the ones who could really volunteer were the kids in his class(which he found to be too convenient). (M/n) stood to his feet, letting his mind wonder as he made his way out of the classroom, gently brushing past Alya and Nino who were in front of the door. 

Marinette and Adrien weren't there--claiming that they were both busy with work related things. 

Today was (M/n)'s rehab practice. 

It was one of his mother's conditions, he must practice Piano on certain days--but with just simple songs that his left hand could comprehend. He made his way to the music room, which was thankfully empty. Not aware of Nino and Alya filing after him out of the classroom, he parted the door slightly, not knowing if it locked after you closed the door. 

He had his experiences in Japanese sheds out in the courtyard. 

He let out a deep exhale before opening the piano cover, setting up the chair to sit comfortably. He wanted hesitate, he didn't want to use his hands to play the Piano anymore, but he shoved those thoughts to the side. 

I just want to be by Adrien's side...

(M/n) rested his forehead on the top of the piano, resting his right hand on the top of the white and black keys. 

J S Bach Prelude in C Major BWV 846

It was one of the songs that he had memorized the night before, going over the fingerings and translating it to play with one hand. The (h/c)-haired teen pursed his lips, hesitating before testing out his scales. 

The sound was mellow and almost hollow as the keys echoed throughout the empty classroom and out into the hallway. Chills ran down the boy's spine at the sound, it had been so long since he had even touched a piano key. 

He took a deep breath in, exhaling as his right hand relaxed fully and his eyes fluttered shut. 

{Play the video at the top

His hand jumped around the keyboard with grace as he pushed down the keys with precision.

--

Alya and Nino had followed after the taller teenager, their phones at the ready. The teen stuck to Marinette like glue and now Adrien said that the two were friends as well. Of course, Alya and Nino went into detective mode and reached for the Music room's door handle. 

The sweet melody--a simple song that could be stuck in your head--and the sweet gasp that had tore away from Alya's throat alerted the boy next to her. 

The melody began to worsen as it tore off into something sadder rather than a grimace of old memories. (M/n)'s left hand clutched the pant-leg of his jeans, shakily he went to bring it up to the other side of the keys but a loud clutter of Nino's phone slipping out of his hands and onto the ground. 

The teen whipped his head over to the two, his eyes wide in surprise. He was seen. 

He was seen

He stood up abruptly, his hands slamming down on the keys--the loud sound wanted to make him cringe, it was such a foul thing to do to the keys. 

His rough textured hands slid off the piano, his eyes immediately darting to the wooden floor boards. Why did he even go to school today? He hated talking to people--other than Rose, Juleka, and Nathaniel--Nathaniel doesn't even talk to him anymore. 

God, even more of a reason to not be here. 

Before his thoughts to wonder off even more, Nino picked up his phone awkwardly shoving it into one of his jean pockets and turned to Alya who was already making her way over to the taller teenager. 

His messy hair got in the way of his eyes, his glasses sliding down his nose slowly, tempting him to move to push up the frames. 

He should get contacts. 

The (h/c)-haired boy peeked up through his bangs, Alya's face near his as the girl stood up on her tippy toes. She reached her hand up quickly, startling the other speckled teen as he flinched back. Her hands reached for his hair, pushing it back to expose his forehead and wide (e/c)-colored irises. 

Her eyes grew wider, "I knew it!!" she exclaims, scaring both of the boy's with her. 

(M/n) furrowed his eyebrows, his eyes narrowing in confusion as he moved the girl's hand away from his face. 

"'Knew'?" he retorts, Alya smirked and pulled out her phone, flashing the screen to show the tall seventeen-year-old first. 

It was an old picture some when he was fifteen, trying out for the first competition in Japan for the Piano youth program. It was a group picture with the other contestants. (M/n) gingerly took ahold of the phone and smiled bitterly at the picture. 

He was a lot shorter than he was now, his face still looked babyish and he looked tense. 

But Tyler was there next to him with a sweet smile crossing his features, he remembered the day that they took this picture perfectly. The more that he looked at the photo the more he noticed about Tyler, the more that he remembered the blond. 

He fought the urge to cry as he sniffled slightly and turned his attention back to the Baker's best friend and Nino who were conversing about him. 

"You were a part of the Japanese Youth Program--right? I knew you were familiar!" Alya squealed, snatching her phone back and quickly opening something in her notes before whipping her head up to talk once more, "I need to interview you! I wanted to ask you about it the day that I knew that it was you--but I was skeptical about it at first, but when Marinette mentioned that you knew how to play the Piano, I had to know!" 

(M/n) felt uncomfortable, and he was sure that it showed on his face as he scratched at his left arm. He hated this. 

Pushing the feeling away, the teen turned toward Nino who was equally as skeptical as the red-haired girl. He didn't want to talk about this, he hated this topic. As his lips parted to speak, the music room door opened and the three teens shifted their attention to the blonde who had a disgusted expression plastered over her expression. 

(M/n) sneered, it's Chloe.

{Hello! Thank you for waiting ever so patiently for this story to update, I've gotten the hang of things and now I can update more--so wait for that to actually start happening. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

What do you think Chloe will say about (M/n)'s piano playing?}