Chapter 16: (M/n)'s Past

(M/n) sat in the waiting room, or the cramped hallway of the other participants. He could be next at any time, and anytime throughout that performance he could fail--

"Woah!! You look super pale, you alright?"

"I would never know how much my life would change by hearing the kind voice reach out to me. And I would never be able to bear with the pain with knowing I was the one at fault."

=================

The (L/n) family is very powerful and secluded from other businesses they're not used to. Benjamin (L/n), (M/n)'s father, runs a high-order company over most of Japan and some small businesses in America with his most trusted advisors as vice presidents of those smaller companies.

His mother, Elizabeth (L/n), is a musician just like himself. Mastering the Violin at the young age of three. A gifted and powerful individual with the music company she runs.

And then there is (M/n), he had the choice to play an instrument or run the company. Of course, he chose the one thing he was the most interested in. Playing the Piano was always something he wanted to do after hearing his mother practicing on it.

He learned and practiced, he practiced over and over. His fingers were always covered in callouses and sometimes bandages for fixing the chords inside the majestic instrument. He practically worshiped the thing.

But he loved it to pieces.

He wanted to say the same for his parents, but there was no room in his tiny little heart for the two work-driven people. They felt the same about him.

Their relationship was strictly for music and business-related topics, not once had the topic of loving each other as a family even bubbled up to the surface of their drowning work problems.

Of course, there were moments of joy of being with his parents, the times he played the piano for his father in his office made him tea, oh! And practicing with his mother.

He enjoyed those little moments.

But now he was nervous. Nervous to perform for the first time in front of others.

At the peak age of 15, the small tryouts had gotten a slimmer chance of losing each time but this was with the big leagues, the much more talented pianists and duets that would blow the judges away.

He didn't have that talent, he couldn't play in front of all those people just outside those curtains, behind these feeble doors that separated him from them.

Others saw his nervousness as an advantage. Most of the contestants were older than him by a few years, and that meant more years to practice and revise.

But one person didn't.

He was warm like the gentle caress of the sunlight in spring. (M/n) blushed at the thought.

His name was Tyler Andres, an American contestant traveling from North America to Japan for this competition. Of course, Tyler was a little older than (M/n), the age of 17, or as Tyler told him--the 'Rebellious age'.

"Are you better now?" Tyler asked, his blond hair looked soft despite it being gelled back.

"Y-yeah, I am, sorry for disrupting your practice..." (M/n) voiced back. He felt hot, his skin was clammy and he swallowed back every word he thought of saying to the gentle transfer contestant. His heart pounded in his chest but he wrote it off as just being nervous. The blond had helped him calm down, bringing him to a more isolated place to avoid getting all the envious stares.