Chapter 44: Blank Text

|THREE DAYS BEFORE THE FESTIVAL|

When Adrien pulled away from him, their lips tingling from the contact, (M/n)'s face was completely blank as he tried to decipher what had happened. Plagg waved his hands in front of the boy's face but got nothing in return.

Adrien just kissed me, (M/n)'s hushed breath and heaving chest brought him back into the real world as he covered his mouth and nose with his fingers. His entire face felt as though it were burning. He felt excited--as though he could run a mile and not be panting afterward--the giddy feeling bubbling in his chest made his eyes water.

This had to be a dream--One of the Best damn dreams he's had--it wasn't possible! Adrien liked Ladybug--loved her even. He felt confused and worried. The giddy feeling shifting into something darker as he glanced back over to the blond who was trying to shoo his kwami away. A light blush painted his cheeks.

He's so cute---Wait!! I have to know----

(M/n) grabbed ahold of the blond's shoulders with both of his hands--his left hand shaking as he instantly grabbed the model's attention.

"(M/n)..?" Adrien questioned, batting his eyelashes at the taller teen.

God his voice sounds like honey...Dammit! Stay on task (M/n)!

The (h/c)-haired pianist sighed out deeply, "Do you like me?" the question came out more stern than he would've liked but it got the point across.

Adrien peered up at him as if he were stupid---Oh no...

"Do I like you?" Adrien repeated the boy's question, he scoffed before laughing, "Sorry--I can't keep a straight face around you haha, Yes," Adrien smiled lovingly, "I do like you."

(M/n) stared at the model for a second longer before leaning down and connecting their lips once again.

===========
|TWO DAYS BEFORE THE FESTIVAL|
===========

Marinette sighed out for the fourth time that morning, groaning as she tossed and turned in her bed. She didn't want to get up, but she had to. Sitting up abruptly, her squinted eyes adjusting to the bright light of the sun kissing her messy hair and slouched position. The young sixteen-year-old scampered out of bed, almost tripping down her ladder but catching herself on the corner of her bed.

Everyone in her class was going to help set up the festival booth her teacher and principal rented out. Thankfully, they got the stage before it was too late. They would be preforming around 8-10, the entire show was around an hour to two hours if they were lucky.

Just the thought of having to stand in front of people and act made the girl feel sick.

Brushing off the thought, she made her way down her ladder after taking a second to fully wake up, once she had gotten down, she heard the soft chatter of Tikki and (M/n)---Wait.

The girl whipped her head to her desk where (M/n) commented on something in Marinette's room to which the Kwami giggled thoughtlessly. The red and black fairy glanced over to her user making her smile grow--the boy noticed and turned as well as he stood up. He was already dressed and laughing at something that was pulled up on the girl's computer.

Marinette let out a goblin-like scream as she smacked the back of the boy's head with a rolled up sock she scooped up from the ground. (M/n) laughed and got up from the girl's desk before making his way down the stairs of her room.

"When you're done changing let's eat--" The teen sent her another smile before ducking out of the way of the girl's slipper.

Tired and growing more annoyed by the second by the taller teenager, Marinette let out a frustrated groan and slumped to the ground, rolling onto her side. It's almost as if they had switched personalities.

Marinette was never a morning person--along with (M/n)--but the boy seemed too energetic for the festival or just too energetic in general.

"Today is going to be rough..." Marinette grimaced.

--

Tikki smiled nervously as she watched Marinette glare daggers into the side of (M/n)'s head who was chatting with Rose and Juleka about a stand that they were setting up. The kwami ducked down into the girl's hand bag as Alya made her way over with a grin.

"The New Chat Noir story has gotten huge!" she starts, her grin widening, "I want to interview him but no one has seen him since the Sticky hand guy.." she droned.

Adrien noticed the change in the two girl's behavior as he made his way over. He wanted to 'talk' to (M/n) for a little bit before they set up anything further. "Hey Marinette, Hi Alya, what are you guys up to?" his kind voice made the black-haired girl blush as she pulled out her love-sick smile in return.

"Hi Adrien.." she cooed, Alya rolled her eyes and smacked the girl on her arm lightly before turning to the blond, "Hi Adrien." she greeted through gritted teeth.

"We were talking about the New Chat Noir, I want an interview with him, but he hasn't been around since the end of the sticky hand guy--it's irritating," Alya furrowed her eyebrows before sighing out and set her hand on her hip, leaning her weight onto her right foot.

"What about you?" her lips curved into a snarky smirk as Adrien glanced behind the black-haired girl beside her.

"Where's (M/n)..? I wanted to talk to him about something..." His lips pursed into a slight pout, the action was noticed by Marinette who frowned in confusion.

"He's over there by Rose and Julek--" Before Marinette could finish, Adrien smiled at her and thanked her before running off towards the speckled teenager.

Alya and Marinette blinked slowly at the fast pace of the model as they watched him drag the boy off somewhere more private. The sixteen-year-old could faintly hear the small complaints of the pianist as he disappeared from their view.

Huh...?