Chapter 37: Just the Two of Us

DAY SEVEN; BET #2: Broken Piano Keys

|ONE WEEK BEFORE THE FESTIVAL|

Adrien had managed to get to the school somewhat on time before rushing to his class only to see that (M/n) and Nino were talking to one another, seemingly getting along fine. Despite (M/n) looking genuinely awkward and uncomfortable as some moments, the boy looked happy to have more friends.

Eventually, Alya took noticed of the supermodel and waved him over with a wide grin, she had been typing so furiously just seconds prior--Adrien wonders if she still had fingertips from using her phone so much.

"Adrien! Glad that you could make it--" Alya peaked over toward the (h/c)-haired teen who stood up and made his way over to the blond with a visibly happy glint in his eyes.

The model's heart clenched at the expression, He was proud to say that he was the one of the only ones that could do that to him. When the blond parted his lips to speak, he overheard Chloe whispering and his teacher whispering about something. Turning his head to the two lady's, he offered a small grin to which the red-haired woman reciprocated with an appreciative nod while Chloe flipped her hair with a smirk.

"Chloe has informed me that (M/n) asked to play the Piano Solo during the Play that we'll be hosting among the Festival~," Mrs. Bustier chirped, smiling broadly when she shifted her attention to the taller teenager.

Chloe made herself present in the conversation, "I can play the left part while (M/n) plays the right part--we'll be like two peas in a pod," her tone was uncharacteristically cheerful as she skipped over to the frozen boy. Adrien whipped his head over to the teenager in mild confusion, his eyes catching the pleading gaze of the teenager.

The blond bit his lip and sucked in a harsh breath, thinking of a way to take the boy out of the classroom and it not being suspicious in any way.

As the model thought of an excuse, a sudden thought crossed his mind.

"I can play it with him!" He raised his hand high, when the words had left his mouth, he had a small drop of common sense wash over him in a large wave of regret when (M/n) looked as if he were about to faint from the tense atmosphere.

The blond cringed back, when Chloe pounced on top of him.

"Adrikins!!" the blonde girl squealed with a bright grin, "You'll look so cute compared to (M/n) playing the Piano~!" Chloe smirked, shooting the (h/c)-haired boy a look over Adrien's shoulder.

The pianist never noticed, too busy in his own thoughts to even sense the girl staring at him.

Alya nervously giggled, narrowly avoiding the way that Chloe had glared at her as the Brunette tugged on (M/n)'s sleeve to catch his attention.

The quiet message between the two teenagers was shared with Adrien and Nino by the frantic glanced from the taller teenager of the three.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When the four made it out into the hallway, (M/n) immediately tugged on Adrien's sleeve and began to pull him away from their small accumulated group. Nino and Alya never questioned it, only waving them 'good bye' and giggling among themselves.

(M/n), on the other hand, was not the giggling bubbling teenager of the two. His eyes darted from the ground--wall--and back to his hands as he nibbled on his bottom lip. Adrien frowned at the developing habit and slowly reached his hand up and rested it on the boy's jaw, his fingertips barely pressing against the skin.

(M/n) flinched at the sudden warmth before closing his eyes and leaning into the blond's touch automatically.

They haven't been this close since the day in the car after (M/n) had accepted that modeling job.

I love you, the (h/c)-haired teen wanted to say so desperately. But his voice never left his throat, clogging up with bubbling over thoughts. The warmth from Adrien's body grew as (M/n) pressed his face more into the boy's palm.

Adrien let out a gentle sigh, alerting the taller teenager as he flinched away from the boy's touch out of reflex.

"Sorry.." (M/n) whispered, his coarse voice sent shivers down Adrien's spine.

The golden blond sent him an apologetic smile.

This was harder than I thought, Adrien's mind echoed his mulling thoughts, pretending like I don't know about his feelings.

The model continued to smile, his eyes flashing with a hint of guilt mixed with his jaded forest-green irises. (M/n) mistook his guilt for being uncomfortable and pulled away slowly, holding his left arm with his right hand, his hands were harshly colder than Adrien's.

It sent unpleasant shudders throughout his body, hiding a grimace through a forced grin.

"I still hand play without my left hand.." (M/n) muttered, his voice was raw and husky, the coarse tone made the blond glance up at him before his exhausted hues flickered back down to the ground.

(H/c)-colored curls drifted in front of the boy's eyes, masking Adrien with a blurry outline through the thick strands.

He forced a small laugh out of his throat, shaking his head slightly--digging his fingernails into the skin of his left forearm. The shape of his nails left small crescents behind in the bulky pale pink scars.

"I'll be your left-hand." Adrien states seriously, his voice was stern and brisk. It almost startled (M/n) by from sudden change. But the pianist plainly snorted, "right," he drones.

"I haven't played in front of that many people in so long--"

"Then let's practice," Adrien interrupts, a grin forming--his stern voice immediately shifted back to the warmth that (M/n) was used to, "Just us." Adrien finished, his grin widening.

"We'll practice and make a place for us--just us against the audience. We'll make it out pace, our own way," the model hummed to himself with a gentle nod of his head, he tilted his head up to the (h/c)-haired teen.

When they made eye contact, (M/n)--without meaning to--smiled lovingly at the blond.

"Yeah.." he hummed, "Let's make it just the Two of Us."