Chapter 26: Bet #2; The Bakery

(m/n) scratched the back of his neck, Marinette was staring him down like he had leaked Ladybug's identity to Alya and Chloe. The (h/c)-haired teenager shifted in his spot on the floor uncomfortably as awkwardly stared down at the ground to avoid Marinette's heated gaze. 

Why is she staring at me...?

----

Plagg zipped around (M/n)'s shoulders as he excitedly waited(almost impatiently) for the two teenagers to get their shoes on. "Are we going to Marinette's family bakery?" Adrien asked with a bright smile, he was almost as impatient as Plagg. The tall teen could tell where the attributes in Chat Noir came from. 

Amused, (M/n) nodded as he adjusted his t-shirt and grey sweatpants, he didn't bother with changing since he would probably stay at the girl's house for a while. He didn't know Adrien's schedule but he would offer to walk him home if it came down to the blond leaving early. 

(M/n) inwardly frowned at the thought of the blond leaving before burying down his own flustered feelings down and grabbing a black ball cap and pushing his bangs back and his house keys before leaving through the front door. 

"Hey," Adrien starts softly, breaking the small wall of tension between them. (M/n) glanced down at the teen with a hum echoing in the boy's ears. "Thanks for..everything, up til now." Adrien hesitated. (M/n) gave him a confused glance from the corner of his eye as the frown he was trying to hide came to life and tugged his lips down. 

"What..?" the taller boy trailed off in a quiet mutter. The blond jumped at the softness in his voice, half expecting him to scoff and brush it off as nothing like he usually did. (M/n) seemed to catch himself before shook it off and slammed the front door shut behind them and locked it before pushing forward. 

"(M/n)?" Adrien starts up again, his voice was meek and his breath came out stuttered as he looked for any signs to continue talking in the seventeen-year-old's face. 

Things were getting awkward between them again. (M/n) gritted his teeth. Ever since their moment after the (h/c)-haired teen got akumatized, things were awkward and endearing between them. And that gave (M/n) false hope when he realized that just like any other day, Adrien was obsessed with ladybug. 

Adrien was in love with a girl that (M/n) knew the identity of, and a girl that had the biggest crush on the model. The tall anti-social teenager heaved out a long sigh before he took ahold of the blond's hand and began to rush their walk to the bakery. He wanted nothing more than to get some actual food into his system before passing out in his bed once more. 

He couldn't deal with his emotional inner monologue more than he could deal with the inappropriate thoughts he had about the Blond model. Blushing at the sudden mention in his racing thoughts, he ignored Adrien's strained yelp as his long legs carried him faster. He finally stopped when he noticed that he was in front of the Bakery he had been taking time off from. 

Marinette understood that he needed time with his thoughts, the stress of having to speed run studying for the finals and the thoughts of him being akumatized were still fresh on his mind. She understood that he wouldn't be able to get back to working right away after all of the emotional stress that he had been through lately. 

Let's just hope that she understands why Adrien was following behind him like a lost puppy.

----

And let's say that she didn't understand why her all time crush of SEVERAL YEARS was behind one of her best guy friend's even though they were on such bad terms before. 

The three were huddled up in Marinette's room after Tom and Sabine shoved them up the stairs after telling the two boys that they would take care of it. (M/n) swallowed nervously before turning to the golden-blond and the girl beside him. 

"Papa is making us breakfast right now, but we can do something until they're done." (M/n) muttered loud enough for the others to hear him. Tom and Sabine told him it was okay for him to call them his 'mom and dad' while he was staying in Paris. 

(M/n)'s chest felt warm as he smiled to himself. It wasn't the same warmth for when he thought about Adrien but it made him happy either way. 

Marinette sighed, eventually tiring herself out by straining her eyes. "We could play video games to pass the time?" she suggested, her tone was high-pitched and she shrugged at the end with a nervous grin. Adrien hummed with a faint smile in response. 

"you two can play," (M/n) starts, "my left hand is too shaky to hold stuff like that." The tall teen gestured to it with his eyes before frowning to himself and getting up from the ground making his way to the girl's closet. Searching for one of his hoodies. His eyes squinted as he shot the girl a pointed glare. 

"Mari." The boy's tone was dark and cold, almost shocking the two teenagers on the floor.

The girl glanced up at him with a roll of her eyes.

"What." she says back just as darkly. Their eyes met as the older teen pointed to the closet with a deep frown making the girl huff and cross her arms as she smirked deviously. 

"I hid them where you'll NEVER find them--"

"Ah! I found them." the boy interrupted the girl mid-sentence reaching up to grab the cardboard box at the top shelf of Marinette's closet. Marinette in return let out a loud frustrated groan and flopped back onto her back before her eyes caught curious jade-colored hues and bounced back to sitting up with her back straight. 

(M/n) snickered at her under his breath as he drug around the box full of his clothes that he kept at the bakery until he found a Dark green hoodie that was an XL to give him more comfort. 

Adrien glanced between them as they soon started to bicker again over the obvious height different between the two, even going back to back as the boy laughed at her for being just under his shoulders. It was refreshing to see them bicker like siblings and not mean a word that they were saying to each other. 

He laughed to himself and leaned back on his hands watching as they continued. 

Marinette and (M/n) are almost like siblings...it almost makes me Jealous.

================

{Hello everyone! I have some good and some bad news, this story might be going on Hiatus for a while that way I can recover mentally, I'm sorry that I never update--like, ever. But hopefully I'll be getting Therapy soon, I had a huge talk with my parents about needing help with my Depression and slightly crippling Anxiety mega oof but now they respect me!!!!! YAY but they still don't use my preferred pronouns which is fine. I can't force them to use them. But I just need to believe in myself and remind myself I don't live for them, I live for myself.

Sorry to dump all of that on you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and you finally see that yes, (M/n) does have a crush on Adrien. In the next chapter that hopefully comes out I'll be explaining all of it then.}