Chapter 21: Identity Crisis

(M/n) stared at the injured blond, his eyes weren't wide, his jaw wasn't slacked. His glare was cold and disbelief threatened to build in his stomach but he didn't let it. Honestly speaking, he was surprised that he hadn't been akumatized like his friends. He was going through the most stressful inducing situations, yet, he hadn't been Akumatized. 

"I guess my will is stronger than my trust..." the teen growled. 

His ears rang as he made his ways through the alleyways and away from the public eye as he made it back to his house

His ears rang as he made his ways through the alleyways and away from the public eye as he made it back to his house. Once he had gotten inside, he set the boy onto his couch, not caring when the blood from the blond's head got onto the white cushions covers. Once he made sure that the boy was secure on the couch, he grabbed his first aid kit from his bathroom. 

When he had entered the living room, he caught sight of Adrien turning back into Chat Noir with a pained-filled nervous expression. He was disappointed. In himself and Adrien. 

The (h/c)-haired teen set the medical tape down across from the cat-themed hero, his eyes not meeting the wide watering jade-hues. (M/n) was practically squeezing the life out of the bandages he clutched in his right hand. 

"T-thanks for helping me, (M/n)," Adrien smiled hesitantly, offering the taller teen a half-assed grin. (M/n) didn't spare him a grin--or smirk, just glared down at the bandages before he threw them to the ground with a loud clattering sound of the other medical supplies following soon afterward. 

Adrien flinched violently at the sudden action and looked up at the (h/c)-haired teen in surprise. 

"What was that for---?!" Adrien was interrupted by the taller teen grabbing ahold of his costume's bell roughly and tugging him upwards. 

"Was it funny?! Leading me on--gaining my trust?--You're just some liar!!" the golden-blond's jade-green eyes were wide, his feline pupils dilated and his teeth were bared in defense as he glared at him in confusion. 

"What are you talking about?! I didn't lead you on---" he was once again interrupted. 

"Yes, you did Adrien." (M/n) hissed, "Was this all some fucking trick to leave me? To make fun of me? Why did you care about me so fucking much?!" (M/n) shoved Adrien back onto the couch and backed away, the back of his legs giving out as he crumbled to the ground. His shoulders were shaking and he could barely control his jolts as Adrien moved to sit back up on the couch cushions. 

"W-What..." The model was speechless. (M/n) has seen him, he saw him transform back into Adrien in the Alleyway. Gritting his teeth, he clenched his fists in anger. 

"I told you everything, I let my guard down around you---I trusted you. I can't believe I even let some STRANGER hurt me!!" (M/n) roared, he stood to his feet, his eyes were a vicious (e/c). No longer gem-like as they glistened with wet rage(when you cry from being frustrated). He wrapped his arms around himself and shook his head violently when Adrien reached out to him.

"(M/n)--"

"NO! DOn't..." (M/n)'s voice cracked as he covered his face with his right hand. 

"How did you manage to get away with this...for so long...?" (M/n) whimpered, his eyes could no longer hold the tears back he backed away from the blond, almost tripping over the roll of bandages on the ground. 

"I really am an Idiot..." (M/n) cried. His eyes glared down at his left arm, ripping off the black arm band that Marinette had made for him. His arm was littered with scars and sore old stitches that he gave himself to close the reopened wound. He cried harder and threw the item to the ground. 

And with that, a single black and purple butterfly fluttered inside the house, seeping through the walls before being absorbed into the ground and devouring (M/n) like pen ink. 

====================

Marinette was restocking the cookies in the Bakery, placing fresh ones straight out of the oven onto the ceramic tray underneath the counter

Marinette was restocking the cookies in the Bakery, placing fresh ones straight out of the oven onto the ceramic tray underneath the counter. But she paused when she felt her phone vibrate in the back pocket of her jeans. Fishing out her phone with a gentle hum, she noticed the caller and blushed darkly.

"_--A-Adrien!! Hey, what's up---?!" Marinette stuttered out, she stopped talking when she heard the sobbing distorted voice of her brother-like friend. 

"I'm just a nobody!"

"I'm sorry that I lied to you, (M/n)! But please you have to listen to me!" Adrien screamed out. 

"I'm a fool for trusting the likes of you!!"

(M/n)'s voice was clouded in anger and fueled by his depressing thoughts, Marinette covered her mouth and immediately dropped her phone and rushed up the stairs to her house, not even telling her parents where she was going or what she was doing, the black-haired girl suited up and leaped away. 

"(M/n)!!" she screamed out, she followed the small trails of smoke off in the distance. Struggling to get past the rooftops and hovering media, Ladybug growled out and used her lucky charm, knowing that it would get her to the tall teen faster. 

But before she could use it, she stopped out of nowhere, the large pastel pink and maroon crystal forming body in the distance of (M/n)'s house made her heart drop to her stomach and her blood run cold. Among the blazing fire erupting in different houses, a large head began to slowly inch upwards over the chaos. 

{Yes, I'm using the Corrupted Steven as (M/n)'s akumatized form! Thank you for the people who comment on this story!! I've been wanting to get this chapter down for a long time! What did you think about (M/n)'s reaction to Adrien's identity reveal...

{Yes, I'm using the Corrupted Steven as (M/n)'s akumatized form! Thank you for the people who comment on this story!! I've been wanting to get this chapter down for a long time! What did you think about (M/n)'s reaction to Adrien's identity reveal? Comment, share, and vote!}