Chapter 33: He knows

DAY FOUR; BET #2: HE KNOWS...OH GOD, HE KNOWS.

(M/n) spaced out, his eyes focusing on the large windows in front of him. This was the first time that he had been in the blond's room. It wasn't as though he never had an idea of what the boy's room looked like, Marinette bragged about seeing as Ladybug--practically all the time. The (h/c)-haired teen hummed to himself, he was sitting on the white loveseat in the middle of the boy's room.

He felt as though he knew the girl, he never got her name, simply forgetting to ask, but she looked familiar and her voice seemed a little higher than the one in his memory.

Is it because she's speaking another language?

(M/n) continued to space out, Plagg zipping past him only to backtrack and hover in front of the teen's blank face with confusion evident in his features. The (h/c)-haired teen shut his eyes and rested the back of his head on the sofa cushion, groaning to himself in deep thought.

Different faces and memories flashed through his head, his thoughts racing and gathering in a small single memory.

His eyes instantly slammed open as he stood to his feet. He held the side of his head with his right hand, his fingers combing through his hair--equally stressed as the look on his face.

"That was Tyler's Best Friend--I'm such an Idiot, how did I not realize that sooner? Oh my--I even told her that I liked him at some point.." As (M/n) regretted every single detail of his life before coming to Paris, the teen hadn't noticed that Adrien had come back from the bathroom in his room with a questioning stare.

"I'm so sorry Adrien, I have to go back, I need to apologize--"

"Hey, Hey..Listen, You can apologize later. For now, let's talk about it." Adrien shot a look towards the cat kwami, the magical entity rolling his eyes and letting out a meek shrug in response. (M/n) frantically shook his head.

"NO, Adrien, you don't understand--that's..that was Tyler's Best friend, she wasn't there when it happened! She had to find out from his parents--I couldn't even tell her.." (M/n) paced around the small space between the couch and the coffee table. His hands reaching up through his hair and tugging on the messy strained strands.

"I messed up big time--"

Before (M/n) say anything else, he was interrupted by the blond grabbing ahold of his hands calmly and gently pulling them out of his tousled hair. "Listen, I'm sure that she didn't recognize you before either, if she had, then the situation would've been different." Adrien tried to reason.

(M/n) gnawed on his bottom lip, his hands shaking as he tried to look at the different ways he could argue back but found nothing in return. His eyes drifted down to the model's hands.

Without another word, Adrien noticed the glance and smiled, placing his hands on the boy's cheeks and pulling his gaze up to meet his jade-green irises.

"I'm right, aren't I? Pretty cool, right?" Adrien pulled one of his hands away to flex, making the taller teen in front of him to chuckle and nod. The blond pulled away from the taller teen entirely before sighing out, "If you want, I can take you back there--"

"No..No, it's okay, you don't need to." (M/n) interrupted, his expression was serene and gentle, giving Adrien more of a reason to not doubt what he heard the teen say to Marinette that night. Just the mere thought of the boy's unconscious confession towards him made his face heat up.

But he said what he said.

They weren't ready to be in a relationship.

Chat Noir was still in love with Ladybug and Adrien was too.

(M/n) still hasn't gotten over Tyler--it might not seem like it, but Adrien noticed the longing in (M/n)'s eyes whenever the boy was brought up. Just like seconds prior, the seventeen-year-old's eyes were watery with a longing and want for the other blond.

Jealousy began to form in the pit of Adrien's stomach, but he brushed it off as nothing as the taller teen turned back towards the window. There was a flash of red and black before the window was completely shattered by an unknown force.

Instinctively, (M/n) grabbed ahold of both Plagg and the blond and ducked down in front of the couch, his body shielding the two in underneath him.

"It must be an Akuma, (M/n) get somewhere safe--they're clearly targeting me or my Father. I wouldn't doubt it," The model muttered the last bit under his breath, he quickly ushered the taller teen towards his bathroom but before they could go anywhere far Adrien was grabbed tightly around his waist by a large hand.

Plagg and (M/n) gasped out, their eyes blowing wide. Adrien growled in frustration, quickly slipping his ring off and tossing it towards the (h/c)-haired teen who could only gape in surprise.

He was scared and it showed.

"Adrien!!" (M/n)'s voice bellowed out, the raspy tone now desperate as he barely caught the ring falling towards him.

"Use that and help Ladybug! I'll try and locate where the Akuma is--AHH!" Adrien was interrupted by his own scream as he was yanked back with the hand toward the park. (M/n) only panicked more and slid the ring on, Plagg appearing once more in a fit of anger.

"That kid--when I get my hands on him..." the kwami grumbled. The cat turned towards the panicking teenager and hovered over to him, "You'll do!" he screeched, smirking widely.

"All you gotta do is--"

"It's 'Claws out' right? I've seen Adrien transform--but what if I can't use my arm? What if I turn out to be useless in the heat of the moment?!" (M/n) stressed, he gripped his left arm in frustration as he backed away. His eyes focused on the rising smoke and the faint cackling in the distance.

Plagg's expression hardened as his eyes grew stern.

"Kid, you'll do great, with me on your side--you can do anything." the Kwami smirked once more, the grin more sinister as (M/n) let out a deep breath in response and shakily nodded.

"Alright, let's go save Adrien."