Chapter 30: Bet #2; Not Ready

DAY THREE; NOT READY

The ride to the warehouse was quiet, (M/n)'s heart was pounding in his ears as he faintly traced the spot Adrien touched on his palm

The ride to the warehouse was quiet, (M/n)'s heart was pounding in his ears as he faintly traced the spot Adrien touched on his palm. His shaky left hand began to still as the tall boy's shoulders relaxed. The Limo seats were cold and oddly gave the boy some comfort from the smoldering warmth coursing through his body. 

Adrien glanced up at the teenager, his bottom lip rolling under his teeth before sighing and leaning the side of his head on the limo's darkened window. It wasn't as though he was bored--he was just confused. 

His feelings for Ladybug were still strong but his thoughts didn't drift to her in the middle of the day like always. Constantly on his mind throughout the day as if she were a broken record on repeat. The same smile, same annoyed expression that Adrien wouldn't trade for the world. 

But now, (M/n)'s attention on him made him ten times happier at the raspy sound of his rumbling laughter and the rare grin that he would flash the blond. He hoped that his smile never changed, hoping that smile would be only for him and him alone. 

Even the sound of his thoughts rendering in his mind made the model flush a soft red. 

It's not as if I like him--like that. It's impossible, Adrien tried to reason, his thoughts quickly disagreeing with him as he felt the familiar chill of (M/n)'s fingertips grazing his index fingernail and knuckle. The feeling left goosebumps to explore the blond's arms and legs as he resisted the urge to smile. 

"Adrien.." (M/n)'s voice was hushed in a low whisper as to not catch the attention of the rambling Photographer who was talking to someone on the phone. 

His (e/c)-colored irises caught the curious jade hues, they were both equally tired and wanted to be somewhere other than the fancy leather seats that creaked every time they moved. Honestly, (M/n) wouldn't mind this if it were under different circumstances. Adrien wouldn't mind it once if the taller teenager was with him. 

The thought made Adrien smile as he slowly took hold of the boy's slender fingers. His cold skin calmed his racing thoughts as his smile relaxed in a blissful expression adorning his eye-catching features. 

(M/n) looked down at their hands to avoid daydreaming about the boy's face later that night. 

Not like that has happened many times before. 

(M/n) began to notice the little things that Adrien did as he examined his hands, the thin scars layering on his left hand and the callouses blistering his palms were caressed with care by his nails. The skin was left with the after taste of Adrien's warmth. 

"Do..Do you like my hands?" (M/n) mused, teasingly threading his index and middle fingers into the golden blond's. The lingering touch sent numbing needles into Adrien's arms and legs, sending him into a fit of chill-inducing goosebumps. His mind to flooded with the overwhelming thoughts of their hands to notice the grin growing on his face.