Atlanta 3.1

Jordan's Birthday
You would think that you will be okay and thought you made the right choice. But damn I miss that girl. I just had to end things weeks before her sister's birthday. I just know she is going through it.

I was down in Atlanta for the little ceremony for her. It's been weeks since I've talked to Mackenzie. So I don't know how she is or anything. I still wasn't going to let her go through this only though.

I pulled up to the school and walked in to the gym. I got a lot of heys and hello. I saw Mackenzie sitting down by herself and I walked over to her. She looked up at me and looked away "What are you doing here?"

"I said I would be by your side for this"

"Considering you said you couldn't be by my side anymore I didn't think you would come"

I signed cause she is truly pissed off at me. "This is for Jordan. I'm here for her because I know she would have want me to be by you for this." That one kinda hit her. She cleared her throat "Yeah, I know. She always talked about us going to her games to cheer her on" she smiled a little and wiped her eyes.

After the warmups that when they started the ceremony for her. They pulled up a picture of her in her uniform holding the ball in front of her with her big smile. Mackenzie instantly started to quietly cry. I tried to hold it back.

They did a moment of silence for her, then had her teammates say a few things. Once the couch was almost finish he brought me up "As you know, over last summer we had Lamelo Ball come to our camp. He helped Jordan out tremendously with her ball work. She was always happy to see him and admired him very much. Today we are lucky to have him here today to help honor her memory."

He asked if I wanted to say something and I said okay. I grabbed the microphone shaking a little "Hey what's up you guys?" I asked with a small chuckle

I kept it short and simple because I really didn't want to get too deep and end up crying in front of everyone. I went to sit down by Mackenzie "That was sweet" she told me

"Thanks"

It was weird. Like it was awkward between us but being here for Jordan made us talk to each other. "I'll be back" she said standing up grabbing her car keys

"Where are you going?"

"None of your business" she told me walking away. The game started and she left leaving the gym.

____
It was halftime so I decided to check on her. I walked out to the parking lot and saw the rental. I knocked on the window and she jumped a little. She rolled the window down "What?"

"It's halftime, you plan on going back in?"

She signed and shrugged her shoulders "I don't know"

I tried to open the door and it was locked. "Can I come in?"

She hit the lock button unlocking the car and I got in. "Everyone is asking where you went" I closed the door and looked at her. She looks like she has been crying.

"I can't go back in there" she said

I signed "I can't go in there watch them play knowing she can't play with them, I can't go in there and sit by your side like I'm okay that we are done"

"It's like one hit after another"

She wiped her eyes "It's like when a girl walks by Jordan appears smiling and waving at me. Like she is living her best life and she really isn't"

"What do you want me to do?" I asked

She signed "Leave me alone" she spoke softly

"Just leave me alone." I do deserve that I guess. I grabbed the door handle and opened the door "There is always a seat opened for you" I said getting out