Three • "I Have Nothing To Prove To You."

"Contrary to popular belief, I know exactly what I'm doing

"Contrary to popular belief, I know exactly what I'm doing."
-Tony Stark/Iron Man

。.✦ ☾

Nobodies POV

Present.

The next morning.

Wanda sits alone in the dark common room, the room filled with paintings of famous Purebloods and their heirs. The light from the furnace provides the only light as the morning sun barely reaches the twisted room. The Black Lake rested just above Wanda's head as she sits quietly and miserably alone with her knees pulled up to her chest. Last night was one of the better nights, one of the rare few. The memory of Loki only made her heart ache. It always did.

While Wanda was grateful for their time together she almost wished that she never met him. Because moments like these would be so much easier, where she doesn't have to live in torment, remembering every laugh and shout. She can remember every noise he made with great detail, as if he were in the room with her. His voice rang clearly in her head, unforgettable and perfect. His laugh was smooth and clear, it filled her with warmth and joy. Joy because she was the one who helped create that sound. But his screams were different, as if a switch had been flipped in the back of his head, creating a sound so alluring and sinister, where his voice became deep and rough. Where even enraged he was sexy.

His voice was her favorite feature and she hated herself for wanting to forget it.

When Wanda first meet the god, she instantly knew he would help guide her, even at his worst. He was the key to finally proving herself to the others. To finally proving that she wasn't the monster she set herself out to be.

Thor had first brought him to the compound, he was a mess, broken down and beaten. She saw herself in him. She wanted to help him.

....

Years ago. Avengers Tower.

Wanda sat silently across from the smug male that was Tony Stark. Both were in a middle of a intense session of chess. Wanda was watching Starks every move, ready to counter him. Tony was in deep thought, focused on the board. While even distracted he knew to keep that insufferable smirk on his face.

The other Avengers were somewhere in the city, grabbing dinner for all of them. It's something Steve does, he loathes getting delivery. He also forced along Sam, Natasha and Vision. Which is surprising itself. No one forces Nat to do anything.

Bruce was down in the basement, in complete science mood, not even another invasion can snap him out of it.

Clint was off with his family.

....

Wanda had promised not to look into Tony's mind for his next move, he didn't want her to cheat. Wanda was more then amused, she was still winning. She didn't need her powers to win, chess is what she was proficient at, a game her father taught her. The only person better then her was Pietro.