Prologue-Pt.1

"Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect

"Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect."
-JK Rowling

。.✦ ☾

Nobodies POV

Wakanda.

The field was grim and bloody, the ground covered in shrubs and dead plant life, draped over the withered flowers were broken bodies, both from the good and the bad. The battle raged on, even as the bodies of it's people dropped like flies, blood splattering and covering the once lush grass and twisting it into a horror scene straight out of Wanda's worst nightmare.

Wanda watch's as both human and alien clash, crying out in a powerful but deadly battle cry. Wanda can her chest collapse as the air from her lungs gets knocked out of her, the adrenaline and fear powering her. Her breath turns shallow, her fingers sparking with power. The red was almost iridescent, she rose off the ground, her eyes lighting up.

....

Thor is in the air, lightning crackling around him, eyes alight with his godly power, using Stormbringer on the Outrider drop ships which are now retreating. He is having considerably more success than the Wakandan Dragon fliers firing on the fleeing ships. Thor was the embodiment of power.

Wanda lands softly on her boot covered feet once she finally locates Thor, her family. Thor pants harshly, turning to Wanda. "Are you okay?" Wanda asks, gently reaching out to him. Thor gently engulfs her wrist with his giant hand, eyes filled with grief and pain. Grief from the battle, from his loss, from....their loss.

Thor hesitates, swallowing harshly. "I am, are you." Thor answers. Wanda nods, licking her lips. "I'm fine....where's Loki." Wanda asks, hoping for good news, even in the thick of the battle.

Thor freezes for a brief moment, closing his eyes. "I'm so sorry Wanda, he did everything he can to get back to you." Thor says, his eyes showed sincerity and anguish, it hurt to tell her the one thing that broke him.

Loki was something they both shared, someone they both loved. When they were together it filled Thor with so much joy, he was genuinely happy knowing someone loved his brother almost as much as he did. 

Wanda shakes her head, not believing him. Her chest rising and falling, feeling her panic rise up to her throat. "No, no, he's not dead. Tell me he's not dead, Thor!" Wanda asks, the wind around her picking up. The leaves on the trees twisting and turning violently.

Thor tears up, the hurt of his brothers death, really hitting him. "I'm so sorry Wanda." Thor says

Wanda grits her teeth, holding back her tears as a wave of pain hits her, the world around her spins, she stumbles away from Thor. Her magic was her only support.

Thor attempts to call out for her, but she flies off.

....

Wanda lands besides Vision, she needed to take her mind off of the loss of the man she loved. Loki's name rang in her head over and over again, a painful reminder.

Wanda runs to Visions side, his face grim and filled with pain, clutching his head. Visions synthezized hand clutches at Wanda's fleshed hand, which slightly darkened, turning a light shade of purple. Ignoring the pain in her hand, she focuses on Vision.

"Are you okay Vis." Wanda asks, hoping to hear some good in a moment like this, but she highly doubts it. Wanda gently places a hand on his back, a failed attempt to comfort him.

Vision flinches in pain before he can answer. "What? What is it?" Wanda asks "He's here." Vision breaths, feeling genuine fear for the first time in his short life.

The wind picks up. It feels... strange. Eerie. The hairs on the back of Wanda's neck stand on alert. Her eyes light up in alarm, the red completely taking over any green in her irises.

Wanda stands in front of Vision as she feels the waves of energy, emit from a certain direction, sending her hair back from its force.

A voice cracks through the ear piece in Wanda's ear. "Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." Steve says, he is joined by the Black Widow, Falcon, Okoye and the Black Panther in short order.

"What the hell?" Natasha breaths, her heart pounding violently, many thoughts run through her head. The Avengers, her family.

Bruce sees the blue-black clouds of a Space Stone portal just before Thanos steps forward, and confirms this isn't just another member of the Black Order.

"Cap. That's him." Bruce says, his voice trembling. "Eyes up. Stay sharp." Steve says, his voice powerful and commanding, not once wavering. He may not be the Captain America they once knew but he held every single one of the Avengers respect.

Bruce reaches Thanos first, lunging forward fist-first - but Thanos uses the Space Stone on him, renders him immaterial until the Hulkbuster is half-buried in the stone of the cliff behind him, and freezes Bruce in place. Bruce cries out in pain and fear, coughing.

Captain America is sent flying by purple energy before he even gets to strike a single blow. 

The Black Panther, armor fully charged kinetically, leaps high and with claws extended, but is easily grabbed by the throat and punched to the ground, his armor discharging violently.

Falcon stoops, strafing with both Steyr pistols, but is felled when his wings become rubbery and unable to sustain flight, collapsing onto the ground with a powerful thud.

Vision places a hand on Wanda's arm, catching her attention. Wanda turns, her eyes filled with a deep sadness. She knows what's coming but she wasn't ready.

"Wanda. It's time." Vision says "No." Wanda says "They can't stop him, Wanda, but we can. Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone." Vision says, griping her thin wrist.

"Don't." Wanda says, shaking her head, first she lost the man she loved and now she's going to lose her best friend. She doesn't know if she'll be able to handle it. She can't handle it.

"You must do it. Wanda, please. We. Are. Out of time." Vision says "I can't." Wanda says "Yes, you can. You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies." Vision says

"It's not fair." Wanda says, eyes filled with tears. "It shouldn't be you, but it is. It's all right. You could never hurt me. I just...feel you." Vision says

Wanda extends a trembling hand and starts beaming her energy at the Mind Stone. The following action is mostly muted. Her heart pounding her ear, her hair flowing behind her.

War Machine joins the fight, firing his guns at Thanos until he uses the gauntlet to crush his armor around him and toss him aside. Bucky runs in firing, and is punched away by the Power Stone.

Wanda's head shoots up when she hears his shout of pain. Bucky. He was someone important, he was her brother, and worry only made her magic stutter. Her eyes tearing up further.

"Wanda focus on me." Vision whispers in pain. Wanda whimpers, biting her lip. She doesn't want to do this, she can't do this.

Okoye activates the vibranium-powered elements on her spear and flings it; Power stops it inches from Thanos, and throws her and it aside while wrapping the Black Widow in unescapable bands of earth.

Groot stabs his hands into the ground to wrap Thanos in cables of roots, which he breaks easily, making the teenaged extraterrestrial tree cry in pain.

Wanda continues to watch all of this over one shoulder, but she turns back to Vision to add her left hand to her tearful effort. Her face begging him to call her off.

The pain on Visions face was soul crushing and forgiving.

Captain America slides under one blow and comes up swinging his deployed arm-shields, punching Thanos in the gut and chin. He grabs the gauntlet, keeping Thanos's fingers unclenched.

Thanos looks very briefly impressed at Cap's efforts as he screams before slamming a fist into his head and rendering him insensible.