40

*recap*
addison: no! you're yelling at me!
*end of recap*

chase glares at me and walks over to me, i go to walk away from him. he grabs my wrist and pulls me closer to him, his grip gets tighter around my wrist.
addison: let go of me!
chase: what did you just say to me?!
addison: i said no! now let me go!
chase: you don't get to tell me no!
addison: i can tell you whatever i want!
chase: no you can't!
addison: fuck you! stop being abusive and let go of me!
chase: no!
addison: then i'm leaving!
chase: you're not leaving!
addison: then get help! you are an abusive asshole who drinks almost everyday! you said you wanted to be in this babies life but i don't think you do! if you don't then leave right now!
chase: no, it's my kid! i'm not leaving!
addison: then go to therapy chase! get help! if you don't then i'm leaving and you will never see your kid ever! i'm not gonna let this kid grow up in this type of home! so you can either go to therapy and stop your shit or you can never see your kid! this is why i didn't want to tell you or want you to find out because i was scared that something like this would happen! what's your choice?!

chase scoffs and lets go of my wrist, he pushes me back a bit and walks downstairs. a door slams shut a few seconds later.
addison: don't slam the doors! grow the fuck up chase! you're having a kid! it's time to grow up!

i hear a door open and footsteps, chase runs up the stairs and looks at me.
chase: excuse me? i am grown addison.
addison: the fuck you are-
chase: i pay my own bills, i have my own car, i got my own house before i was nineteen. you are the one that needs to grow the fuck up.
addison: you know what i'm talking about. you're attitude needs to grow up and you need to stop being-
chase: don't even finish, i'm grown so that means i can say what i want, use whatever tone i want, i can yell if i want and i can do what i want and i'll be damned if i have a girl trying to tell me what to do when i am grown. you haven't done a single fucking thing to grow up besides get knocked up by a guy your parents don't even know about. maybe you're right. maybe i do need therapy but if i do need it; it's because i have to deal with your fat ass all day. i wish i never found out about this baby because now i'm stuck. i wanted you to move in so you moved in and now i'm stuck. i'm stuck with you and i'll be stuck with this stupid fucking kid too. you're basically making me choose a kid or my way of living and if that's how it is then here's my fucking house key.

chase grabs a key out of his pocket and sets it on the counter.
chase: i'm over it. you think i treat you so bad and that i'm so abusive but i don't see it. you can have the house and shit. i don't even care. i'll come pack my stuff up tomorrow but for now i'm over it. you make me out to be the bad guy and i'm done. you and this baby can have a good life and i don't want to know when he is born and when he's older and asks why he doesn't have a dad; you can tell him it's your fault. go find another guy that wants to deal with your kid and your annoying ass.

he turns around and runs upstairs, a lump appears in my throat and my heart drops to my stomach. i walk upstairs following him to the room, i walk into the room and see chase grabbing his wallet and is keys. he starts putting his shoes on.
addison: chase-
chase: addison shut up.
addison: don't l-leave.
chase: why not? obviously we're having issues. we're fighting a lot and you keep telling me i'm abusive. we have issues and maybe we should be done.
addison: we're having issues because you're stressed or something and you solve it by drinking then you become a dick and take it out on me.
chase: well how else am i supposed to solve my problems? stop being stressed? that's not how it works addi.
addison: stop drinking. talk to me or go to the gym or go talk to a therapist or something chase.
chase: *scoffs* why would i do that?
addison: please don't turn this into a fight. this is the first time in three months that we've had an actual conversation without yelling. chase please just stop drinking. we're supposed to be in this together so i don't know why you would say "why would i do that?" you can always talk to me about what's going on. i want us to work out. i don't want us to fight all the time. i love you and i want to be able to make this work.
chase: there is so much going on that you don't even know about and you don't understand it.
addison: then tell me what's going on and help me understand. i want to be able to help you through whatever you go through. this isn't going to work out if both of us don't try.
chase: i'm sorry.

he stands up off of the bed and goes to walk out of the room, i grab his wrist stopping him. he turns around and looks at me, tears gather in my eyes
addison: please don't leave me? i-i knew this would happen. this is why i didn't want to tell you and why i didn't want you to find out. it's not fair, you can leave whenever you want and i can't. you said you would be here by my side the whole time and that you wanted to be in this babies life and now you're l-leaving. chase please don't do th-this?-
chase: i'm not gonna leave. you can let go of me.

word count - 1,065