51

•there might be a lot of skips of time frames in the next few chapters because the end of the book is nearing!:)

*recap*
chase: addi lee brock will you marry me?
*end of recap*

i immediately smile and pull chase in for a kiss.
chase: is that a yes? *laughs*

i laugh and nod my head, i kiss him and he kisses me back. i wrap my legs around his waist.
chase: i love you.
addison: i love you more.
chase: prove-

chase gets interrupted by the baby monitor going off, we both turn our heads and look at the screen. i unwrap my legs from chase and move my hands away from his face, he gets off of me and walks upstairs. i look at the baby monitor and see chase picking up caden then walking over to alec and picking him up, i smile and sit up. chase walks down the stairs with the boys, he hands me caden. i set caden on my lap, chase sits down next to me with alec on his lap.

-5 years later-
me and chase have been married for 3 years now and alec and caden are almost 6 years old while chase is 23 and i'm 22, right now i'm laying in mine and chases bed watching tv. i hear the sliding glass door open downstairs, i stand up and walk out of the bedroom into the hallway. i walk downstairs and see alec and caden walking into the house with chase following them, chase shuts the door and looks up at me. he smiles, i smile back at him.
alec: hi mom.
addison: did you guys have fun?
caden: yeah. dad played football with us.
alec: and he told us that mullets are really cool.
addison: chase.
chase: what? they are.
caden: can we get mullets?
addison: if that's what you guys want to do to your hair.
alec: yes!

alec and caden high-five each other, they take their shoes off and i look back up at chase. he looks at me.
chase: go play you guys.
caden: okay.

they run upstairs to their rooms while chase walks over to me, he puts his hands on my waist.
chase: what's up?

i wrap my arms around his neck, he pulls me closer to him and his grip gets tighter. he smiles at me and i smile back at him, i kiss him and he kisses back. i pull away a second later.
addison: what do you think of having just one more?
chase: of what?
addison: a baby.

he freezes up a bit and looks at me.
chase: does this have something to do with baby fever? like is this just another baby fever phase or you want another one just because?
addison: do you not want another one?
chase: i want whatever you want i just want to know why.
addison: i don't know chase. i just want another one.
chase: okay. jesus. you don't need to get so defensive about it.
addison: i'm not getting defensive.

i move my arms away from him.
chase: yes you are.

i roll my eyes and push chases hands off of me.
chase: addi.

i look down.
chase: addison look at me right now.

i cross my arms and look up at chase.
chase: what's up with the sudden mood change? you snapped just like that. like what is wrong?
addison: nothing is wrong.
chase: are you pregnant? is this why you're bringing it up? is that why you got defensive?

my eyes shift away from chase.
chase: look at me. talk to me don't just ignore me. we're in this together. we're married now. we're not teenagers anymore addison. you need to fucking communicate with me!

i look back at chase and my eyes start to water, he steps closer to me and grabs my arm.
chase: t-talk to me addi! p-please?!

his eyes start to water.
chase: s-stop ignoring me! say something!

i look down again and tears start streaming down my cheeks, a couple of seconds go by.
chase: i-i'm gonna start giving up addison, just look at me and respond! that's all i a-ask! please-
caden: daddy, why are you and mom crying and why are you yelling?
alex: are you guys fighting? since you're holding onto moms arm?

chase let's go of my arm, we look at the bottom of the stairs and see alex and caden sitting in the stairs.
chase: we're not fighting. go to your rooms. me or mom will be up there in a second to get you guys ready for bed. go play until me or mom come up there. okay?
alex: okay.

they stand up and walk upstairs, i turn around and walk out of the kitchen.
chase: babe please.

i walk upstairs and walk into mine and chases bedroom, i hear footsteps coming up the stairs. i shut the door and get changed into a pair of shorts and one of chases shirts, i lay down on my side of the bed and turn my back towards the door. i plug my phone in and set it on the nightstand, i close my eyes and start trying to fall asleep. the door opens and closes a couple of minutes later, some shuffling noises get made then there's a dip on chases side of the bed. he grabs the blanket and pulls it up, he scoots closer to me and wraps his arms around my waist. he pulls me closer to him do we're spooning.
chase: even though we're still fighting for a reason i don't know and even though you won't talk to me and it sounds like you don't want anything to do with me but you're wearing a shirt that is mine so that practically means that you're still mine while you're wearing it and i say we ignore what happened tonight until tomorrow. let's forget about it for the night and let's sleep on it and talk about it tomorrow. it's not important right now. let's just forget and not worry about it.

a few seconds go by.
chase: i love you.

word count - 1,036