44

*recap*
he sits down next to me and wraps his arms around me, i lay my head on his shoulder.
*end of recap*

chase: i love you.
addison: i love you too.

a month has gone by and i am now 8 months pregnant and i'm supposed to have caden in 3 weeks, right now i'm standing in the hallway with avani as chase and anthony are putting the crib and everything together. chases phone starts ringing.
chase: can you go get that?
addison: yeah.

i walk downstairs to the kitchen, i grab his phone off of the counter and look at the name. i see that it says layla, i walk upstairs and hand chase his phone. he looks at the name then answers the call, he puts his phone to his ear. a couple of seconds later his eyes go wide, he quickly puts the screws and screwdriver down and stands up. he walks out of the room and runs downstairs, i look at anthony and he looks back at me.
chase: you still have three months though. are you sure?

i start walking downstairs.
chase: okay i'm on my way. i'll be there as soon as i can.

chase turns his phone off and puts it in his pocket.
addison: is everything okay?
chase: layla went into labor. the baby is gonna be born prematurely. i have to go.

before i can say anything else chase rushes out the front door, i walk back upstairs and look at avani and anthony.
avani: i'm sorry addi.
addison: it's okay. i can't do anything about it and i knew what i was doing when i found out.
anthony: me and avani will finish putting this together for you.
addison: you guys don't have to. it's not your job to do it. chase can do it when he gets home.

anthony looks at me with a "yeah right" look on his face, i look down.
anthony: go lay down addi.

i nod my head and walk to mine and chases room, i lay down on the bed. a couple of hours go by avani and anthony finished setting the crib and everything up, they left a couple of minutes ago. i walk to the living room and grab my phone, i sit down on the couch and try to call chase. he answers a few seconds later.
chase: before you say anything please don't say you're going into labor early too?
addison: no i'm not. i was just calling to ask how everything is going? is layla and the baby okay?
chase: yeah. it's a boy.
addison: aww has she thought of a name?
chase: yeah, we're naming him alec.
addison: chase i know this is a lot of stress but are you okay? you sound extremely stressed and freaked out.
chase: well maybe it's because i just had my first kid at nineteen and i'll be having my second kid in three fucking weeks addi.
addison: i'm sorry-
chase: don't say you're sorry it's not your fault. everything- give me a second.
addison: okay.

a couple of minutes go by and chase pops back on the phone, it sounds like he's about to cry.
chase: addi i-i don't know what to do.
addison: what do you mean? is everything okay?
chase: the doctor put me in another room with alec earlier because layla said she needed space and the doctor just came in and told me she gave up her rights to alec. i have the choice of giving mine up too or keeping him.

chase starts crying and my mouth drops a bit.
chase: *crying* i fucked up so bad. i-i don't know what to d-do. i don't wanna give up my rights but i also don't think i can handle this. addi i'm so sorry.
addison: chase i-i don't even know what to say. this is a tough situation. it's up to you. you can either sign away your rights and put alec up for adoption or you can bring him home in three months when they allow him to leave the hospital.
chase: *crying* i don't want to leave and abandon him like layla is doing but i don't want you to feel like i care about you and caden any less than alec. we're supposed to have our own little family but i don't want you to f-feel pushed around or whatever if i bring a-alec home since he's not y-yours.
addison: this is a very difficult situation chase but since layla is signing away her rights i wouldn't mind adopting alec and having me legally be his mom but only if you're okay with it. it's completely your decision but i would rather have you bring him home when he's allowed to leave than put him up for adoption and end up in that process.
chase: *crying* are you sure?
addison: i'm sure bub.
chase: *crying* would you actually legally adopt him s-so you would legally be his m-mom?
addison: yes. i would do it in a heartbeat chase. i love you.
chase: *crying* i-i love you too. i'll be home in an hour. they're about to take alec to the room for the premature babies born.
addison: okay. i'll see you soon.
chase: *crying* okay. thank you addi.
addison: i love you chase.
chase: *crying* i love you m-more.

chase starts to calm down and the phone call ends, around 45 minutes go by and i'm in the bed laying down. the front door shuts and there's footsteps running up the stairs, the bedroom door opens and chase walks into the room. he looks at me with red eyes, he walks over to the bed and lays down next to me. he lays his head on my chest and rests his arm across my stomach.
chase: i'm sorry i fucked up so bad.
addison: you didn't fuck up and you have no reason to be sorry. shit happens and we will make the best situation out of it. okay?
chase: okay.
addison: we will be our happy little family of five.

chase smiles and kisses my chest, we fall asleep a couple of minutes later.

word count - 1,046