42

*recap*
addison: *crying* y-you got someone else pregnant chase.
*end of recap*

chase: it was an accident and we weren't together when she got pregnant.
addison: *crying* well it sure doesn't sound like it was an accident. you just d-described her perfectly from head to toe while you probably d-don't even know my height.
chase: babe how am i supposed to remember your height-
addison: *crying* oh but you sure remembered that she was 5'5.
chase: *sighs* addi-
addison: *crying* if you can remember all the little details and everything about a one night stand but you can't remember how tall i am then this won't w-work out.
chase: cmon, it's a just a height babe.
addison: *crying* what am i wearing right now?
chase: uhm leggings and a shirt?
addison: *crying* no chase. i'm wearing shorts and a hoodie. you can't even remember what i have on b-but you can remember her whole outfit from six months ago.
chase: i-i don't even know what else to say.
addison: *crying* there's nothing to s-say. you've clearly been thinking about her and you've had her on your mind for the p-past six months chase. why'd you even want to get back together if she was still on your mind?
chase: because i love you.
addison: *crying* whatever. go away.
chase: we just talked through our problems and i thought we were doing better?
addison: *crying* that was before you h-had to describe every little thing about her. go away. i-i don't want to talk to you anymore. go to b-bed.

chase sighs and i start to calm down, i eventually fall asleep. i wake up the next morning to my phone going off, i see that it's a call from colby. i grab my phone and answer it.
addison: *yawns* hello?
colby: good morning addi.
addison: good morning.
colby: are you okay?
addison: what do you mean?
colby: we've been trying to get ahold of you since last night and you didn't answer.
addison: i didn't hear my phone even ring.
colby: did you check your phone? to see if you had any missed calls?
addison: no.
colby: you need to get better at that. we were all worried and freaked out.
addison: i know. why?
colby: because when we were on the phone yesterday and chase started yelling at you and he told you to end the call so you did and we had no idea what happened after that. he sounds abusive addison. he's not hurting you; is he?
addison: no, he's not hurting me colby. we've bee having some issues and most of it is communication issues and we talked through some of them last night. things are getting better.
chase: what do you mean "getting better"? what was going on before?
addison: we were just arguing a lot about everything and not communicating but we're trying to fix it and we're working on it.
chase: you promise you're telling me the truth?
addison: yes colby. and if anything was wrong or he was hurting me i would let you know. i made that promise to you.
colby: okay well call me later.
addison: i will. love you.
colby: i love you too.

i end the call and set my phone down, i get off the bed and stretch. i unlock and open the door, when i open the door i see chase laying on the floor by the door with a pillow and a few blankets. i roll my eyes and step over him, i walk up the stairs and to the kitchen. i open the fridge and grab some milk, i shut the fridge and grab a bowl along with some kind of cereal. a few minutes go by and i hear footsteps thudding up the stairs, i look up from my bowl and see chase. he walks over to me and i look back down.
chase: good morning.

i look up at him and roll my eyes, a frown appears on his face.
chase: addi i'm sorry. i fucked up.

i finish my bowl of cereal while he starts making some coffee, i put the bowl in the dishwasher and walk upstairs to our bedroom. i hear footsteps behind me, i walk into the bedroom shutting the door in chases face. he opens the door and grabs my wrist, i turn around and look at him.
chase: can you please stop ignoring me?

i rip my wrist out of his hand and walk into the bathroom, i shut and lock the door. i turn the water on and start getting undressed, i get in the shower a few minutes later. a couple of hours have gone by and i'm sitting on the couch watching tv, i hear the front door open and shut. i roll my eyes and something comes running into the living room and around the couch.
addison: what the fuck was that?

chase walks into the living room with a dog bed in his hand and a ton of supplies and dog toys, he sets it all down on the floor and walks behind the couch.
addison: cole chase hudson what the hell did you bring home?

he stands up with a australian shepard in his arms, i look up at him.
chase: isn't he cute? he's three months old.
addison: what the fuck. we're having a baby and you bring a dog into the house?
chase: he's just a baby. he won't hurt our human baby. they're gonna grow up together and be best friends and he'll protect our baby.

chase looks at me and smiles.
addison: are you trying to piss me off chase?

his smile fades and he looks at me in the eyes.
chase: no. why do you think that?
addison: you told me every little detail about a one night stand and now you bring home a dog. i don't know what that dog is capable of and i don't want it hurting our kid.
chase: i thought it would make you happy.

word count - 1,020