18

*recap*
addison: he doesn't embarrass me. i didn't tell you because i was afraid of your reaction because i know how you would react.
*end of recap*

colby: well you can't hide something like this and then tell me and expect me not to be a little mad.
addison: i know.
colby: well i want to meet him.
addison: what?
colby: you heard me. i want to meet him. the boys got to meet him so now i want to. i should know who my little sister is dating. when is he coming back?
addison: i don't know.
colby: well when are you guys seeing each other next?
addison: i was gonna go with anthony and avani next month to see him in north carolina.
colby: oh? were you gonna tell me about this before you left?
addison: well yeah but-
colby: no buts addison. you can't just leave the state to go across the whole country and wait to tell me a few days before you were gonna leave.
addison: i know. i'm sorry. can i please just go?
colby: when were you guys gonna leave?
addison: in two weeks.
colby: okay. my schedule is clear so i'll be going with you.
addison: you have that photoshoot is two weeks though.
colby: i'll postpone it.
addison: colby no.
colby: no what?
addison: you're not going. i'm seventeen and i can do what i want and i can go where i want.
colby: uh addison just in case you forgot i have legal custody of you until you're eighteen so nice try. so that means you listen to my rules now either i go with or you're not going at all.
addison: colby really-
colby: yes. am i gonna go with you or are you staying here?
addison: i guess you're going with.

i roll my eyes.
addison: you can't be mean to chase or give him a hard time when you meet him though.
colby: okay. i won't. you can tell him now that i know about him.
addison: i know.
colby: well dinner will be ready soon so i'll come get you when it's done.
addison: okay.

colby stands up off of my bed and walks out of my room shutting the door behind him, i grab my phone and text chase again.
addison😍: colby knows about you now. i just told him. i'm sorry i kept it a secret from him for a while. i don't want you thinking you embarrass me because you don't. colby is just extremely overprotective when it comes to boys😕

a couple of minutes go by and it shows that he read the message, my phone starts going off and i see that he's facetiming me. i quickly answer it.
addison: chase i'm so sorry i didn't tell him sooner.
chase: it's okay i guess, i just wanted our family's to at least know about us that way we don't have to hide around them.
addison: i know and i understand that it's just that colby is way to protective-
colby: no i'm not!
addison: colby you're hiding behind my door in the hallway! go away! you just proved my point!

i hear footsteps walk away and chase lets out a laugh.
addison: you see what i mean? i was afraid of his reaction because i was afraid he was gonna yell at me and i hate being yelled at.
chase: i see what you mean. *laughs* are you one of those people that cry when they get yelled at?
addison: *laughs* yeah.
chase: well you don't have to worry about that when you're with me because i won't ever yell at you.

i smile and he smiles back at me.
chase: did you talk to him about you coming up here in two weeks?
addison: yeah. he has to come with though. he said either he goes with me or i don't go at all.
chase: oh. that's okay. i'll be glad to meet him since you got to meet my family.

i smile again along with chase, we talk for a couple more hours until one of us eventually starts to get tired.
chase: well i'll talk to you tomorrow.
addison: okay. bye.
chase: bye.

we hang up the phone and i set it on my nightstand, i get ready for bed and fall asleep a couple of minutes later. two weeks have gone by and i'm on my way to the airport with anthony, avani, colby, sam, corey, and jake, i'm riding in a car with avani and anthony while the others are behind us in colby's car.
anthony: you should text chase and let him know that we just got to the airport.
addison: okay.

i look out my window and see the airport, i look down at my phone and text chase.
addison😍: we just got to the airport.
chase😊: okay. how long is your flight?
addison😍: about 5 hours.
chase😊: okay. let me know when you're boarding the plane😊
addison😍: okay. i will😊

i press the power button and turn my phone off, i put it in my hoodie pocket. around 48ish minutes have gone by and were now all sitting down waiting for our flight to be called.
colby: so how rooms are gonna work when we get to the hotel later is me, sam, jake, and corey in one room and you three in the next room. okay?
addison: okay.

our flight gets called and we all stand up, we walk over to the gate and get in line. i quickly text chase again.
addison😍: we're boarding the plane now😁
chase😊: okay, i can't wait to see you later🥰
addison😍: i can't wait to see you too🥰

i put my phone back in my pocket and show my ticket to the airport worker, we get on the plane and get in our seats. we take off 20 minutes later.

word count - 988