43

*recap*
chase: i thought it would make you happy.
*end of recap*

i let out a sigh and stand up, i push past chase and walk downstairs. i walk into my room shutting the door, i sit on the bed and tears gather in my eyes. there's a knock on my door a second later.
chase: can i come in?
addison: leave me alone.
chase: *sighs* please? i'm sorry. i thought that the puppy would make you feel better.
addison: chase that's not even it like at all. maybe a small part not even.
chase: well what is it? talk to me. you said yourself last night that we need better communication and this isn't communication at all. tell me what's wrong.
addison: it should be obvious why i'm upset.
chase: is it about the other girl?
addison: yes.
chase: addison you can't be mad at me for that. we were broken up and i didn't think you would come back to me. it was a mistake and it wasn't supposed to happen. i wasn't gonna sit here and wait for you to come back when i didn't know if you would or not.
addison: i'm not mad or upset about you getting another girl pregnant cole-
chase: please don't call me cole. you only call me that when you're pissed. i don't want you to be mad at me.
addison: don't interrupt me. i didn't interrupt you.
chase: i'm sorry.
addison: i'm not mad at you for a getting another girl pregnant. i'm mad at you for describing every little detail about her and her outfit while you couldn't even remember what i was wearing. i'm mad at you for making her sound like the perfect girl and i'm mad at you for describing everything even after i told you not to. i don't care if you got her pregnant or not. that's more weight on you. i'm upset because you made me feel shitty about the way i look with the way you described her and i know you're not stupid so i know that you knew what you were doing and why you describing her like that. like yeah she sounds amazing and a nice person but you shouldn't of described her like that to me. you made her sound like she's the perfect girl and every guys dream girl.
chase: well i'm not saying she's not the perfect girl-
addison: chase, r-really?

my heart drops down to my stomach.
chase: fuck. addi that's not what-
addison: y-you just said it.
chase: that's not what i meant. shit addison i'm so sorry.
addison: m-maybe we need time apart. you need to figure out who you want to be with. the girl you describe as perfect or me.
chase: babe cmon i'm sorry. that's not what i meant. i know who i want to be with and its you.
addison: a-are you sure? because you just said-
chase: i know what i said and i didn't mean it. that's not how i meant it.
addison: well what could you have possibly meant by it?
chase: i-i.

he stops what he's saying and a couple of minutes of silence go by.
chase: addi i love you so incredibly much. you are the perfect girl and i didn't mean to explain every detail about her. i don't love her, i love you. she was just a one night stand and she ended up getting pregnant. i'm sorry. i don't want to hurt you but when her baby is born i'm gonna have to be there for her too but i promise i will still be here for you every single day. it wouldn't be fair if i was a dead beat dad to her baby but not ours. i'm sorry. i don't know what else to say or how to word anything. you're the girl of my dreams and i would do anything for you. i just want us to be back to how we were before with no fighting or anything like that. i don't want us to have issues like this. i know i should know you're height and what you were wearing last night and i'm sorry. i don't know why i remembered everything about her and i'm sorry. i'll work on it more. i know it's been almost two years and i should know stuff like this by now and i don't and i'm sorry. what i do know is you have the most gorgeous blue/green mixed colored eyes and the prettiest and healthiest blonde hair with amazing highlights and you have the cutest nose and the most kissable lips which is why we're in the situation we're in now. *laughs*

i let out a small laugh and a small smile starts to appear on my face.
chase: you also have the most softest skin and you have such a caring heart and i love you for that. i love everything about you and this will work out between us. we just need to have better communication and about the dog, i know i should've talked to you about it first but i know you've always wanted an australian shepard so i thought getting you one would make you feel better and the thought of a family dog is cute to me. we will be our own little happy family when caden is born. him and the dog will grow up and be best friends and-
addison: caden?
chase: that's the name i like best. we can pick a different one if you want to but i really like the way caden cole hudson sounds. if it's okay i would like to pass the name cole to another generation. we can do caden cole brock too but i plan on making you a hudson soon too.

my smile widens across my face.
addison: you can come in.

the door opens and chase looks at me, he smiles and walks over to me. he sits down next to me and wraps his arms around me, i lay my head on his shoulder.

word count - 1.023