17

*recap*
a frown appears on his face along with mine, him and his family walk away to the tunnel.
*end of recap*

i turn around and anthony looks at me.
addison: i don't want him to leave.
anthony: i know. you'll see him next month though.
addison: i know.

anthony pulls me to his chest and hugs me, i hug him back.
anthony: do you wanna go pick up avani then go get something to eat?
addison: yeah.
anthony: okay.

we walk out of the airport, we get in his car and he starts driving. a couple of weeks have gone by and i'm upstairs in the kitchen facetiming chase and making something to eat.
chase: so when are you coming up?
addison: me, avani and anthony are gonna try come up in two weeks.
chase: is colby gonna let you come?
addison: i'm not sure. i need to think of an excuse to tell him so i can go.
chase: he doesn't know yet?
addison: no. i'm scared to tell him about you.
chase: why?
addison: because i know how he's gonna react and he's not gonna be very nice when he finds out about you-
colby: who's gonna find out about who?

my eyes go wide.
addison: why are you home?

colby walks into the kitchen with sam, corey and jake following him.
colby: because i live here?
addison: i thought you guys were gonna be gone tonight.
colby: we were but brennen started feeling sick so we came back. who are you talking to?
addison: oh uh it's no one.
colby: who's "no one"?
addison: someone.
colby: addison who are you talking to?
addison: no one colby.

i look at my phone and see chase roll his eyes, he hangs up the call. a small frown appears on my face.
colby: who was that? you don't need to hide anything from me.

i walk past colby hitting him in the arm a bit.
addison: it's no one colby.

i walk into my room shutting the door behind me, i walk over to my bed and sit down. i try to call chase back but he doesn't answer, it sends me straight to voicemail. i go to our messages and send him a couple messages.
addison😍: chase i'm sorry.
addison😍: i should've told colby a while ago and i didn't. i'm so sorry.
addison😍: please just answer me?
addison😍: i'll go tell him about you now.

i try to call him again but it goes straight to voicemail again, someone knocks on my door.
addison: come in.

my door opens and jake walks in.
jake: you didn't tell colby yet?
addison: no. i should've told him a while ago because now chase is mad at me.
jake: well maybe you should tell him. you've hid from him for like five months now.
addison: but i know how colby is gonna react and he's gonna get mad and he's gonna yell at me.
jake: well yeah. he's gonna be mad but you can't keep it a secret forever.
addison: i know. i should probably just tell him so chase won't be mad at me anymore.
jake: do you want me to go get him?
addison: yeah.
jake: okay.

jake walks out of my room and walks downstairs, colby walks into my room a couple of seconds later shutting my door behind him. he walks over to my bed and sits down at the end of it.
colby: jake said you needed to talk to me?
addison: yeah. you have to promise not to get mad at me though.
colby: you're not pregnant, are you?
addison: no definitely not.
colby: okay. then what is it?
addison: so there's this boy.
colby: okay. well what's his name?
addison: chase.
colby: okay. how old is he?
addison: he's eighteen.
colby: i'm not so sure how i feel about that since you're not even seventeen yet.
addison: i'll be seventeen in a few months though.
colby: when and where did you guys meet?
addison: we met like five or six months ago and we met on instagram.
colby: addison i don't like where this is going. he could be a catfish for all we know.
addison: he's not though.
colby: you don't know that addi.
addison: yes i do.
colby: no you don't-
addison: yes i do because we've already met.

i instantly put my hand over my mouth and colby's eyes almost pop out of his head.
colby: what do you mean?
addison: he flew down here last month with his family.
colby: when?
addison: that week that you said i was acting sketchy. every time i said i was going to anthony's i was going to see chase at his hotel.
colby: are you fucking serious addison?
addison: yes. and jake, sam and corey all know about him because he came home with me one day and they saw him so they know about him.
colby: *sarcastic* oh my god. does anyone else know?
addison: yeah. avani and anthony.
colby: addison i can not believe you. do you know how unsafe that is?
addison: yeah. i'm just now realizing that
colby: so what are you two then? are you guys friends? are you guys a thing?
addison: we're a thing. maybe.
colby: for how long?
addison: for a little over a month.
colby: what did you mean by maybe?
addison: he's mad at me so i don't know if we're a thing anymore because he won't answer.
colby: why is he mad at you?
addison: because he told everyone in his life about me but i didn't. i only told a few people and he thought i told you after he left but i didn't so he found out earlier that i didn't tell you about him.
colby: well yeah that's not a very good thing to do. he probably thinks that he embarrasses you or something since you didn't tell me.
addison: he doesn't embarrass me. i didn't tell you because i was afraid of your reaction because i know how you would react.

word count - 1,017