38

*recap*
addison: please don't talk to me right now.
*end of recap*

chase scoffs, couple of hours go by and we're almost done packing my room up. i go to lift a box up when someone walks into my room, i look up and see colby. i set the box down and he looks around my room then at me.
colby: uh what the fuck is going on?
addison: colby-
chase: she's moving in with me.

chase walks into my room interrupting me.
colby: how come i didn't know about this? i'm not comfortable with you moving out-
chase: you can't keep her here forever you know and we thought it would be easier for us to take care of the baby together.
colby: i know i can't keep her here forever but i'm uncomfortable with her moving out and not even telling me.
addison: it was a last minute decision colby-
chase: why are you uncomfortable with it?
addison: colby let me-
colby: addi i'm supposed to be taking care of you, mom and dad trusted me and gave me custody of you and i can't let them down anymore than i already have. they don't even know that you have a boyfriend or that you're pregnant. they think you're doing good living with me and little do they know a boy you met online knocked you up and now you're moving in with him. i don't think you understand how this affects me. the last thing i ever want to do is let them down when it comes to taking care of you. that's why i'm so uncomfortable with you moving out.

i look at chase with tears in my eyes, he rolls his eyes and walks over to me. he grabs my box that i was holding and walks out of my room with it, colby looks at my door then back at me.
colby: addison?
addison: what?
colby: is chase abusive? he's not hurting you is he?
addison: no. why does everyone think that?
colby: because of his attitude. the way he's being towards everyone. especially you.
addison: he's just in a bad mood and he's having a bad day. everyone has bad days.
colby: is he making you move out? you don't have to move out unless you want to. he can't make decisions for you addi.
addison: i know. this is something that will be good though for when the baby is here.
colby: okay. are you sure?
addison: yeah.
colby: okay well you know if he turns out to be abusive-
addison: i know colby.
colby: okay. how did the appointment go?
addison: it went good.
colby: what are you guys having?
addison: don't tell chase but we're having a boy.
colby: that's exciting.

a wide smile spreads across colbys' face.
colby: why'd you say not to tell chase?
addison: he wanted it to be a surprise but i wanted to know so the doctor had him leave the room for a minute then she told me what gender we were having.
colby: have you thought of any names?
addison: a few.
colby: what are they?
addison: they're surprises.

i smile, chase walks into the room and my smile fades. i look down, colby looks behind him at chase then back at me again.
chase: are you almost done?
addison: yeah. i finished packing. i just have these two boxes that need to be taken out to the car.
chase: okay.

chase grabs one of the boxes and walks back out of my room again.
chase: addi-
addison: i'm fine colby.
chase: are you sure?
addison: yeah.

i grab a box and start walking out of my room, colby grabs the last box and follows me out of my old room. we walk outside to chases car, he grabs the boxes from me and colby and puts them in his car. he shuts the trunk and gets in the drivers seat, he shuts the door. i hug colby and he hugs me back.
colby: i love you. if he ever and i mean ever disrespects you or hurts you tell me.
addison: i will.
colby: you have to promise addi. you have to promise that you will tell me. tell me and i will put him in his place.
addison: i promise colby.
colby: okay-
chase: hurry up addison. the guys are coming over tonight.

colbys grip tightens around me and we hear a window roll back up.
colby: you don't have to do this just because he wants you to.
addison: i know.

me and colby let go of the hug and i walk over to the passenger side.
addison: bye colby.
colby: bye addi.

i get in the car and buckle in, chase pulls out of the driveway and starts driving back to his house. a few minutes of silence goes by.
addison: i think i know what i wanna do with one of the extra rooms.
chase: what?
addison: we could put a bed in there and a small beanbag and cool lights and stuff and make it a relaxing room.
chase: okay. if that's what you wanna do. we could use the other room as a smoke room.
addison: a smoke room?
chase: like weed and stuff.
addison: chase-
chase: what?
addison: i didn't know you-
chase: things change when you leave for four months addison.

i look down at my fingers.
addison: i'm sorry.
chase: it's okay. you only came back and told me you were four months pregnant but it's okay.

i bite my bottom lip a bit and a lump appears in my throat, we get home a few minutes later.

word count - 948