The day it all went wrong

I am so sorry for this
Tw: Implied Death & Death, Injury Description, Blood/gore, Trauma, Guilt (I guess)
Included Ships: Ultra Magnus×Wheeljack, Bumblebee×Smokescreen

It was a normal day, or really, it should have been a normal day. The Decepticons were being annoying as usual and chose to attack the largest Energon mine the Autobots had, like normal everyone was dispatched to protect it. The first 20 minutes or so were pretty smooth, the cons were suprised by the attack and couldn't do much in retaliation. But after that it started to go downhill.

The Autobots realised about half an hour into the fight how desperate both sides were for this Energon. The Decepticons had gathered their troops back together and were holding their own, and more warriors were on their way. Like the hero he was, Optimus ran into the sea of Vehicons to prevent a direct breach and got severely injured in result. With their leader unable to fight the Autobots faced a hard decision; fight the 'Cons and risk getting battered or give up and surrender one of their only Energon Mines. It didn't take long for them to choose the first option.

Now there were hundreds of shots being fired over their helms, their defences seeming futile in comparison, every stray shot ricochetting through the trees that decorated their battle field. It wasn't too long after that they got separated, Bumblebee and Arcee dissapeared into the trees as they tried to surround a group of stray Vehicons. Wheeljack and Bulkhead were forced round the other side of the Mine with Knockout and Breakdown along with a couple Vehicons on their tails.
Smokescreen and Ultra Magus were left defending the main entrance, greatly outnumbered.
The Predacon flew down at them after a few minutes, screeching at every shot that hit his armor.

Depsite this, they managed to fight off at least 30 vehicons before they were forced to back away more.
There was energon spilled everywhere at this point, painting the floor a violent blue.
"Soldier get down!" Ultra Magnus yelled as a fireball flew inches from Smokescreens face, the heat was painfully unbearable despite not having touched him. Another fireball shot at Smokescreen and he jumped to the side, hitting the floor harder than he intended.
"Where'd the 'Cons get the dragon from?" A voice asked, identified as Wheeljack who had come back after Knockout and some Vehicons had run away.
"Is that really what you're focused on?" Arcee answered, skidding to a stop infront of the fallen Smokescreen.
Wheeljack rolled his optics despite the gash along his chestplate that was bleeding concerningly badly. He sheathed his katanas, offering a damaged servo to Smokescreen and not noticing the predacon heading straight for him.

"WHEELJACK LOOK OUT-" Bulkhead yelled as he rounded the corner, running towards his friend. Wheeljack spun, too late to get out of the way. He covered his face and chest as it hit him, sending the Wrecker flying backwards into the mine wall with flames and smoke burning into his plating.
"Scrap!" Smokescreen said as he jumped to his pedes and ran to find the Wrecker of what remained of the collapsed Mine Walls.
"Jackie?" Bulkhead asked as they shifted rocks, straining to see even a glimps of white paint. The sound of gunshots from the opposition distracted Smokescreen momentarily, his frame moving backwards to see what was happening. This gave Bulkhead the glimpse of flames he needed to.

The large Wrecker dived across to where the flames were and hurriedly grabbed rocks, throwing them to the side as if they were hollow plastic toys. The first thing Bulkhead saw was a scrap of white metal, charred black with burns and soot, the second was the thing he was looking for.
"Jackie!" He yelled as he dragged the wrecker out of the wall, fear budding in his tone as the light showed the injuries decorating the bot.
There was energon running down his face and the deep gouge in his cheek glistened with black soot. His chestplate and collarbone were similarly drenched in energon, large jagged indents showed as deep as wiring and the horrible burns made even Bulkhead squeamish. Black marks covered his arms and legs, energon mixed with steam and smoke emphasising how fatal these injuries were.
Ultra Magnus appeared behind him, looking down in a way that shadows hid his face.
"Out of the way Soldier" He said monotonously, seeming urgent as he moved Bulkhead aside.
The Commander looked back to the battlefield, angrily landing his eyes on Predaking.
"I'll teach you for hurting him 'Con" He almost growled, too quiet for anyone else to hear.