Ratchet×Wheeljack

Ratchet growled in frustration as yet another com from base failed to reach Wheeljack.
"That stupid spark had better not have got himself killed"
He had told this to everyone as an attempt to seem careless about it. But really he was nervous as scrap.

Wheeljack had given him a purpose, even when the wrecker seemed to live only to annoy anyone and everyone. Ratchet once again attempted to call Wheeljack. Still no answer...

Optimus walked in and offered to go out and find him but Ratchet didn't even say a thing, just bowed his head over the screen and switched on the ground bridge in silence.
He was silent until Optimus completely disappeared and Ratchet turned off the Groundbridge.

Where are you sweetspark...

He then commed Optimus who answered quickly, who delivered a message that cut into Ratchet like a knife...

Come home and we can love...

"Wheel Jack is gravely injured, I need a ground bridge immediately"
No...

Ratchet hurriedly turned on the ground bridge and ran to the med bay to collect his tools.
He heard Wheel Jack groaning as the wrecker was put on the berth. There were gashed running along his helm and chest plates, and also a deep wound on his shoulder plate.

Why did you do this!?

Taking a deep breath Ratchet started to repair Jackie's wounds.
Why couldn't this happen to someone else, why wheel Jack.

Two hours later

Ratchet sat beside Wheel Jack in worry as said bot remained unconscious.
"Ratchet Old freind, you should get some rest." Optimus told him as the day passed by and the children came and went.

But he couldn't, not until Wheel Jack was conscious. A rapid beeping jolted him out of his thoughts.
"H-hey sunshine..."