𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

On the 12th hour of the first of October in 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children.

    He got seven of them. At first.

    Y/n was one of the 43 children, whoever, she was not "adopted" by the famous billionaire, due to her mother insistent denials to Reginald's offers of money.

     A baby was all the woman named Annelise wished her whole life. She even got married at a young age to make such wish come true.

    Though, that was probably the biggest mistake in her life.

    The man Annelise chose to marry was not one to make a family with. And that was proven when Y/n was born in such unusual circumstances.

    There was not one day where the mother and daughter wouldn't go through abuse by the man in charge of the family. Whoever, Annelise was not your weak and defenseless cliche of a woman. She had a daughter that she would kill and die to protect. She taught Y/n to defend herself and to not trust anyone blindly at the same time that she taught her how to speak. And Y/n grew with that in mind.

    The girl, only at 10 years old, would always defend her dear mother from the abuses of the man that was supposed to be her father. If he shouted at her, she wouldn't hesitate to defend herself, calmly and sarcastically, even if that would end up in bruises all over her body.

    10 years old was also the age where the girl found out about her inhuman abilities. That happened during an argument with her father, when he suddenly threw a beer bottle at her head. She held her breath as an instinct and closed her eyes waiting for the impact, that ended up never happening. The bottle went across her body, like she was just a ghost passing by. She thought she had died for a moment, even, but that was proven wrong when she felt the sting of a slap across her face, obviously done by her father. Apparently, he didn't realize the extraordinary thing that happened, something the girl was glad for. She kept her abilities a secret from both of her parents, scared of their reactions and the outcome if they knew about it.

    When the girl was 13 years old, a tragedy happened. Annelise, so young, passed away in an "accident", when she fell from the stairs of their house. Y/n knew that her mothers death was no accident. And that's when she decided to run away from the abusive household. She couldn't live there alone with that monster who others, oblivious to his actions, called a man. She ran as soon as she heard the ambulance sirens getting closer, taking only a backpack with a clothing change, some stolen money, and a book that Annelise used to read for her.

    And that's when Sir Reginald finally found her.

    A couple of days after Y/n ran away, the rumble in her stomach finally started getting unbearable. She didn't take any food with her, and it's not like there was anything to take at her house anyway. So she decided to do the obvious thing. No, not ask for food for someone, she had tried that already. She decided to try and steal something from a big supermarket, that was across from the alley she had settled in.

    The sky was already dark, and the circulation of people on the street was smaller than usual. Perfect for the young girl's plan.

    She entered the market silently and innocently, not making eye contact with any of the workers there. She pretended to look for specific things just like any customer, but while doing that she would sneak small packages of food in her backpack and hoodie pockets. She tried to get enough for two days, at least.

    Her plan was going smoothly, until one attendant decided to check on her, not because he were suspicious, but because it was his job. And he accidentally saw her sneaking a package of cookies on her pocket.

    The attendant immediately called security, with a voice loud enough to Y/n to hear. She started running, already desperate. She couldn't get caught by the police. They certainly would take her back to her father, and that's the worst thing that could happen to her.

    So she used her abilities.

    She ran to the back of the store, and activating her intangibility, went through the walls and landed on the back alley of the market.

    Y/n sighed thinking she got away, but when she look forwards, she saw an old man using a monocle looking at her with a shocked face.

    Her face dropped instantly, the girl thinking it was really over for her. But the weird looking man only said one word.

    "Extraordinary."