𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒

_"Okay, relax."-Lila said to us after finally fixing the wires around the briefcase again, so that Five and her could try out their new plan. At that point I was quite bored of watching all of that, but I didn't have anything else to do, and I was a bit curious to see what the Commission looked like. After hearing Five talking about it so much I couldn't help it.

_"I can't, your breath is terrible."-Five bickered at Lila. They were doing that back and forth the entire time she was fixing the machinery.

_"Garlic is for winners. Enough foreplay!"-She grabbed Five's hand, and I would complain if there was no reason for that, but I understood it was so their powers would actually connect. It still made my stomach turn.

Five turned his head to me, and offered his hand. I stood quietly, not obliging, just staring at him with clearly unamused eyes. He rolled his, and grabbed my hand himself.

_"You're being a brat."

_"I'm allowed."

_"Power up, shithead."-Lila warned him, and I shut myself up so they could concentrate. I was annoyed, yes, but I still liked him so I'd like for him to stay alive for a bit longer.

Soon, the blue familiar light appeared again, this time growing much quicker than in their last attempt. It was blinding, and the feeling of being so close to it was a bit nauseating. I closed my eyes, squeezing Five's hand as I felt the energy pulsating around us.

_"Let me in!"-Lila screamed. Five seemed to be struggling with managing the amount of power.

_"I can't! It's too much!"

_"Don't bitch out on me now!"-Lila complained and Five yelped, his voice crackling. I would laugh about it if I was capable of it.

_"I hate you so much!"

_"Then get this right, or it's the three of us in the Stone Age forever!

_"Can you two stop fighting like little kids?!"-I shouted as well. I felt my body getting numb, and I hoped that meant it was working.

_"You are literally doing the same!"

_"Tou-fucking-che!"

Suddenly, a very loud "zap" sound filled my ears, but just as quick as it came, it was silenced. My body took a few seconds to process, but when it did, my skin froze, feeling the most insane goosebumps I've ever felt. I opened my eyes and looked around, realizing we were now in the middle of nowhere, also in the middle of a snowstorm.

_"I was not prepared for this!"-I shouted, the sound of the wind being too loud for them to be able to hear me if I didn't.

_"Oh, brilliant idea, Lila! Welcome to the Ice Age!"-Five bitterly said, taking off his blazer quickly and putting it on my shoulders. It didn't help much, the wind being so strong, but I appreciated that.

_"...Shut up and just look."-We both looked in the direction of what Lila was looking at, so that we understood what she meant. Behind us, a few feet away, stood a building. From that distance and from the amount of snow, I couldn't really tell what it looked like except that it wasn't in it's best shape.

_"The Commission."-I heard the boy whisper. That's what the Commission looked like? I don't know why, but I was expecting something more...futuristic. Or at least intact.

We started walking quickly towards the building, looking for shelter and answers. Five grabbed my arm, we both steadying each other so we wouldn't trip on the snow.

When we finally managed to get inside, the damage was even worse. Broken windows and doors, ash all over the floor. Thankfully, it seemed like the ceiling was still okay, but not exactly trusty.