𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟖

I had just arrived back at the lobby, wearing that one black dress once again, planning on meeting Five so we could talk like he wanted, but instead, everyone else from our family was there except for him. And dad. I'm still confused if I should include him in the "family" title.

When I actually approached the group, they noticed me.

_"Good morning."-Diego was the first one to greet me. I waved at him and at Klaus who was waving with both hands as well.

_"Morning. What's going on?"-I asked, sitting in one of the ugly yellow armchairs with them.

_"Dad called us all for a family reunion. I tried finding you to tell you but you weren't in any of the rooms."-Allison answered me and I hummed in response.

_"I slept in the kitchen."

_"Why?"-Luther asked, his brows furrowed.

_"Long story."-My head hurt a little bit when I tried remembering every event of last night.

_"What about Five? I couldn't find him either."

_"He slept there as well."

_"Oh my God, you slept with Five?!"-Klaus did a 180 just to look at me, a dramatic shocked expression on his face. I waved my hand at him, brushing him off.

_"Not in that way."

Klaus pouted, but his attention got caught by something else when some of the others started cheering and clapping as Five and dad entered the hotel by the front door. Their action made me a bit confused for a second, but then I remembered what that was for.

_"Here he is!"

_"Yeah!"

_"That speech last night! Wow!"

_"Brought me to tears, you big softy."-Lila and Diego were the ones provoking the most. I put a hand in front of my mouth so Five wouldn't realize I was trying not to laugh too.

_"I especially liked when you referred to us as a family bound by destiny and love."-Viktor remembered his exact words. The boy started to walk towards me, and tapped my leg so I would give him space in the armchair as well. I did.

_"Okay. Enough. It was the booze talking. In the light of day, you're all still deplorable. With the exception of my fiance."-I widened my eyes at his statement. I honestly thought he would've forgotten that part of our conversation last night.

_"What fiance?"-Luther was still very confused. Sloane, however, who was sitting by his side, immediately got it and had a shocked yet happy expression.

_"Oh, yay! Congrats! I'd love to be your best man if we're not dead by evening!"-Klaus cheered, raising his hands slightly.

_"And we will all be if you do not listen to me."-Reginald interrupted us, making everyone go silent and stare at him.

_"The Norse had seven sleepers. The Blackfoot, seven stars. As a boy, I heard the legend of the seven bells. All these stories are the same. The village is under threat by flood, by fire, by a night that never ends. A shaman brings his disciples to a sacred cave. He tells them if they can ring the seven magic bells, the village will be saved, and all will be restored just as it was."-He explained, and I couldn't really understand shit. Was I still drunk or was he just actually babbling nonsense?

_"Reggie? Can we get a little less Brothers Grimm and a little more 'What the hell does this have to do with us?'"-Lila asked. I wasn't the only one confused, at least.

_"There is a truth to these myths. None of you can deny what's going on around us. All of existence will be gone by the end of the day, but whoever or whatever wove together space and time, they left a way to put things back together if the universe ever faced total annihilation. There is a portal in the universe. I built this hotel around it, and on the other side is the answer."-I could now understand what he said a little bit better, but I still didn't get what exactly we were supposed to do.