𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑

First person pov

_"We're not gonna make it!"-Diego shouted as we kept running from the shooters and avoiding the bullets and, honestly, I had no idea how we weren't getting hit.

_"What are you doing?!"-My brother screamed again when Five grabbed his shoulder and my hand. I already knew what he was doing, so when we spatial jumped closer to the barn, I wasn't surprised. Diego, on the other hand, almost fell to the floor. Thankfully, he gained his balance before he could.

_"Five, I think I'm gonna puke."

_"Please don't!"-I shouted at him, as we hid behind the wheels of a red tractor. The shooters kept firing their guns at us, the bullets striking and ricocheting against the metal.

_"What now?!"-Five asked both of us.

_"We blink into the house, man!"-Five nodded, and put his hand on Diego's knee and my thigh. He tried spatial jumping again, a blue mist forming around his hands, but nothing happened. I groaned in distress, as I knew the boy was temporarily powerless.

_"What?!"

_"Shit, I'm out of fuel. I'm too tired."

_"Why does that happen in the worst moments?!"

_"I don't know, Y/n!"

_"Go! I'll...I'll cover for you two!"-Diego got out attention, and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

_"What do you m-"-Before I could finish my sentence, Diego stood up and left the cover of the tractor.

_"Diego, what are y-"

_"Go!"-Diego screamed again, and Five just accepted since we didn't have any time to discuss a better plan. The boy grabbed my hand and pulled me so we could start running again, and so we did. I looked back for a second to see Diego raising his hands forward, and slowly stopping all the bullets that came in his direction from moving. I had to say, that looked cool. But he couldn't hold all of the bullets.

As Five and I put our feet on the first steps of the stairs to the yellow farm house, bullets started coming in our direction again, just as fast as before. And I was afraid that, even if we were really close to the door of the house, we still had a pretty big risk of getting hit while moving.

I squeezed Five's hand harder, and closed my eyes for a second, concentrating. I didn't even realize I stopped walking.

_"Y/n!"-I heard Five shouting for me, but before I could explain myself, I felt the boy hugging me harshly and turning me around. It took some time for me to process what he was doing, but when I did, my eyes went wide. He was shielding me from the bullets.

Now, I would be screaming and crying on the floor on top of his dying body, if I hadn't just activated my ability, which was the reason I stopped walking to concentrate. The bullets went past both of us, hitting the yellow wall behind me, while Five kept hugging my body, probably waiting for the pain of the shots on his back. Which, thankfully, never came.

I pulled the boy who now held a confused expression again, my ability still active, and we got inside the house, immediately hiding and laying ourselves underneath the wood dining table. We hugged again as we protected each other's ears from the loud noises of bullets, walls and windows breaking.

We kept holding each other for a few more seconds, until I heard a loud familiar high-pitched noise, that not even Five's hands were able to shield. I fluttered my eyes until I opened them to see a strong blue pale light coming from outside, and then, the remaining of the windows of the house shattered themselves in a second. I couldn't see what was going on from my position on the floor, but I assumed that was the effect of someone's ability. Vanya's, specifically.