𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

First person pov

It was nighttime already, and a couple of hours since Luther and Klaus left our presence. I'm pretty sure I dozed off a few times, but Five was still concentrated on the building.

_"You know, you don't have to tell me that. I know there are only six days left."

_"Yeah, Delores. He's doing his best, don't rush him up like that."- I think the stress of the past days was finally making me crazy, since I know started talking with the mannequin as well.

_"Anyways...once we find out who's eye is this, what are we gonna do to them?"- I changed subject, turning to look at Five.

_"Well...we kill them. Of course."

_"Just...just kill them? What if that doesn't work?"

_"We can ask them some questions before doing so. Then we won't have any doubts."- I was about to respond, when Five shushed me and tensed up.

I looked at the building to see Lance getting out.

_"There's our guy."

A suspicious car approached the man, Lance and the driver made some kind of trade.

_"You were right about him hiding something."

_"Told you so."

Me and Five continued following the guy. We both ended up sleeping in the car as he entered his building and didn't leave for the rest of the night.

The next morning, Five shook me awake, and when I opened my eyes, he pointed to Lance leaving his house with a cute dog in his arms, and entering his car.

We spatial jumped to the car with him, me in the back with the cute puppy, and Five on the passenger seat, already holding a knife to the man's throat.

_"Oh, Jesus!"

_"One chance. That's all you've got. One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab."

_"Hey, cutie!"- I said in a baby voice as the dog crawled up in my lap. I scratched his neck happily.

Lance looked at me, but Five pressed the knife on his throat harder, making him tense his muscles again.

_"I-I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash on the black market."

I faked a shocked expression. _"I thought you were a good guy, Lance!"

_"Shush. Your sellings include eyeballs, I assume."

_"Yeah, they're my biggest seller. I mean, they sell like hotcakes. I-I've got a list, a waiting list, probably 20 buyers."

_"So the serial number I told you..."

_"Uh, could've been bought already. Yes, o-off the books."

_"I needed that list, Lance. Names, and numbers, and I need it now!"

_"I don't have it. I mean, not on me. The only copy's in my safe at the lab."

_"Well, you start the car then. Cause we're going on a field trip."

Lance looked at me again as Five slowly took the knife away from him. I saw that he was looking between me and the dog.

_"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt this cutie, it's fine. You might not be though, if you don't start the fucking car."- I started saying with a smiled, that turned into a death glare in the middle of the sentence.