𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟏

The flames from the flamethrower in Grace's hand were incredibly powerful from the moment she activated it, and I was almost caught on them before I managed to dodge the attack and hide behind the nearest brick wall. Five did the same, just like Diego and Luther, my two brothers hiding in a different place.

We would have to deal with that situation quickly before Grace decided to direct the flames to Sloane, Viktor and Lila, since that would definitely be the end of us, but it was a bit hard since the woman just refused to deactivate the thing for even a second. I could try and do something with my power, but that would only make me get closer to her, not actually get her out of the room fast enough.

_"We need to get her out of here."-I spoke to Five, who was by my side, closer to the edge of the wall and getting a better vision of Grace.

_"No shit."

_"Hey, mom, mom, mom!"-I heard Diego's voice and leaned forward to get a glimpse of him. He raised his hand towards Grace, like he was trying to calm her down. Terrible move. But it actually worked for a second, because she deactivated the weapon.

_"It's Diego. Don't make us hurt you."-His voice came out like he was trying to sound calm. However, that did not work, since Grace raised the weapon towards him not too long after.

_"Diego, duck down!"-I screamed at him when I noticed the 'woman's' hands reaching for the trigger. Diego managed to get back to his hiding place at the last second, before the flames went wild again.

_"The day of vengeance was in my heart...and my year of redemption hath come!"

I slapped Five slightly on his arm, getting his attention towards me. He was the only one who could do something about the situation.

_"Blink her out of here. And don't let her come back!"-I instructed him, and he nodded.

_"Already on it."-He said at last before stepping forward and blinking away.

In a few seconds, the intense heat in the room and the sound of the crackling flames was gone. I peeked behind the wall, and both Grace and Five weren't present, making it finally safe again for Sloane to continue her plan with the others. Hopefully Five would be fine too. But, honestly, knowing what he could do, a robot was probably the easiest thing for him to end.

_"Christopher, now!"-I heard Sloane shouting for her...brother. I decided to put my attention on them now, since it seemed like they were at the climax of the mission. I slowly stepped closer, silently hoping for the best.

Christopher suddenly separated in small pieces that started to involve the Kugelblitz, which was now significantly smaller due to Viktor's and Lila's barrier built around it. The process was painfully slow, but at the same time it felt like the minutes were passing by extremely quickly. I felt my muscles tensening at every inch that Christopher got closer to the ball of light.

My siblings and the Sparrows started to approach the scene as well, watching as attentively as I did. Lila's hands were shaking, and Viktor was...pretty much entirely shaking as well. Sloane was sweating just from all the concentration she was putting there, not allowing herself to make any mistakes. It was her plan after all.

Christopher's first "piece" finally touched the Kugelblitz, and his other "pieces" slowly connected as well. At the first seconds, it was very unstable, but he adapted. The only sight of the Kugelblitz was now just a light emanating from inside the cube. Everyone froze on the spot.

Five suddenly blinked back to the room, right by my side. He seemed confused to see us all just standing there, our eyes glued to Christopher.

_"Did it work?"-He asked. We didn't have an answer just yet.