𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟓

Five and I sat alone in one of the many tables of the banquet hall. He was enjoying a very full plate of food and a glass of champagne, while I just enjoyed the latter. I watched what each one of my siblings were doing. Luther was obviously enjoying his dinner happily with his wife, Diego and Lila were also together, and I think Allison and Viktor were glaring daggers at each other from different corners of the room. Allison's anger was much more visible and active than mine. I simply decided Viktor was no longer worthy of my attention.

_"Seeing yourself die really affected you, didn't it?"-I spoke, not yet looking at the boy to see his expression.

_"I'm trying to enjoy dinner and would like to avoid that topic."-With his answer, I turned to him, sipping on my glass.

_"We've talked about my hell, it's time to talk about yours. It's only fair."-I grabbed a boiled quail egg from his plate, and put it in my mouth. It was surprisingly good.

_"I was going to eat that."

_"Sharing is caring. Don't change the subject."-He rolled his eyes, and stopped eating completely, turning to me in his chair and crossing his arms.

_"Fine. I wouldn't say it was an easy thing to witness. Why are you bringing this up now?"

_"You've changed."-I drank from my glass once again before also turning completely to him, crossing my legs.

_"How so?"

_"The Five I've met would have agreed to help dad in whatever it is to save the world. Don't get me wrong though, that's not necessarily better."-I let out a sigh. The memory of me meeting Five back at the Umbrella mansion seemed so distant now.

_"What? Do you think we should join in on dad's plan?"-He furrowed his brows at me, seeming confused.

_"Me? I don't think anything, really. I'm completely fine with dying tomorrow. But are you sure you don't want to do anything because you think it's for the best? Is it really the best for us to just die after everything?"-Five was silent for a few seconds. He seemed puzzled with what I meant. My eyes drifted away from him and to my family again.

_"The thought of them dying just bothers me. That's all. But maybe it's selfish to think like this."

Before me and Five could continue our conversation, a flimsy man with a green velvet suit appeared by our side. Klaus.

_"Cinco! Cincos? Mis hermanos!"-He said, before sitting down by Five's side. I smiled at my brother, even though I knew he was up to no good.

_"Hi Klausy."

_"Oh God. What do you want?"-I heard Five whispering under his breath.

_"Listen to me, dad is upstairs right now with a plan to save everything. So what say we all pop up to the suite for a little chitchat?"-Bullseye.

_"Are you like Frick and Frack with the old man now?"-Five sarcastically asked, not very excited about that.

_"This dad's different. He's a turtle. Hard on the outside, but all cute and wrinkly and occasionally delicious on the inside."

_"That's a bit disgusting to think of."-I shook my head, trying to get whatever image I got out of it.

_"Klaus."

_"Yeah?"

_"Old dogs like me and him never change."

_"I just said you've changed."-I chimed in, and I could swear I saw Five rolling his eyes.

_"Anyways. He has never had our best interests at heart. So, my only plan for tonight is to get fucked up beyond all recognition and if the sweet Lord allows it this time, make-"-I immediately kicked his chair, and he switched his phrase midway.